BIRHC board of directors are ???

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

EDITED:

You take things out on contents and create half truths. Move on Pike. I don't have the time or energy to keep defending your twisting.

I took back my offer for a phone call, as Ken has removed his post so as I see it this thread is over, shut down and TIME TO MOVE on.

Beaver Island is a great place to visit, vacation, and live! You should try it sometime with fresh eyes. Stay positive and have a GREAT day!
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

I see that Ken went through and changed/edited (it shows at the bottom of each of his statements that he edited them today) many of his nasty post to something different than originally state. Conscience? I don't know what it is but it is nice to know that you are being a little more positive, I personally find you get a lot more accomplished that way. So anyone that reads this thread will find it no long makes sense but then again it was senseless to begin with.

Thank you for changing things Ken.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

So sad.

John McCafferty
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

The senseless nature of the thread ONLY pertains to the lack of response of the health center board and the lack of common sense of their one sided defenders! Of course Mr Taylorâ??s â??one sidedâ?￾ thoughts, questions and comments might exist, they are never answered! Why wouldnâ??t he continue! As I said before, this is WHY the forum was established! As KA Pike said, go to the chamber forum! They were established for the truth I guess? Was the truth ever revealed there? You people keep these threads going with your mindless defense and the real answers are never provided! If you have the answers sought, please provide them, otherwise shut the hell up!
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Wow Richie really... I thought these were the rule you are moderating....

We do not moderate posts based on whether we agree or disagree with a particular topic. Everyone is invited and encouraged to post. The rules are:
1.) Please be kind and considerate, and keep the forum constructive.
2.) Please include your name with your post. We value everyone's right to express their views, but in cases where someone else may be negatively impacted by a post or where the lack of a name causes confusion, anonymous posts may be deleted.
3.) Please keep the forum clean and appropriate for any age. Posts which are intended to attack or offend others are not appropriate.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
Kendra Vera Thorson

Post by Kendra Vera Thorson »

Did you two clowns ever think that the employees of the Health Center and Board members are above this nonsensical banter? What makes you think they have the time or desire to be on here? This forum has become a shit show! Unless you agree with Richie or Ken you are not allowed an opinion!! Telling people to "shut the hell up" Really Richie??? Cant imagine why you are not chosen to be appointed to many boards if this is how you run a community forum!

I copied this from the Health Centers Facebook page... I do believe it has been posted on here before, but of course it was lost in all this ramble!

Recent online discussion covered one side of the story related to Dr. Whiteâ??s departure from the Beaver Island Rural Health Center building. Thereâ??s much more to consider:

â?¢ Dr. White exclusively occupies her offices at the health center; all other space is used for many purposes, by visiting professionals and health center staff.
â?¢ BIRHC must maintain its non-profit status while leasing space to Dr. Whiteâ??s private business; and must receive liability protection for occurrences arising from Dr. Whiteâ??s practice. Loss of non-profit status could shut down health center operations because of our funding structure. Our legal counsel advised us on necessary requirements, which were incorporated into her lease and signed by Dr. White in 2004.
â?¢ Dr. Whiteâ??s rent of $100 per month represents a fraction of the market rate for 721 square feet. The facility fee is based on her share of building operation costs.
â?¢ Dr. White has consistently not submitted items required under the terms of her lease in a timely manner, including rent and use fees, insurance certificates, business tax information, and reports. Some items have been delinquent by many months, often submitted only after contact from the health centerâ??s legal counsel.
â?¢ At the end of the December, 2016 BIRHC board meeting, a letter from Dr. White was read into the record, indicating that she had moved off the island and would need to renegotiate the terms of her lease. Dr. White was not in attendance at the December and March, 2017 board meetings.
â?¢ Letters from our legal counsel were sent out several times, outlining items needed to comply with the lease, and informing Dr. White that lease changes would be considered after all delinquent items were submitted. Some items were never received.
â?¢ At the health centerâ??s June 2017 board meeting, Director Bill Johnson stated that he had received an email of lease termination from Dr. White. The board asked that Dr. White confirm by submitting 60-day notice to the board; or submit all delinquent items by the July board meeting if she planned on continuing her practice.
â?¢ On July 10, Dr. White submitted a 60-day notice of lease termination, stating that she would vacate the premises no later than September 7; the health center board also voted to terminate Dr. Whiteâ??s lease.
â?¢ On September 5, the health center granted Dr. White an extension until September 30.
â?¢ At the September board meeting, Dr. White requested another extension until October 15, due to the death of her brother a week before. The board voted to extend Dr. Whiteâ??s lease until October 7 at 5 pm, and stipulated that no further extensions would be granted. The board also voted to offer Dr. White $1.00 as payment for the dental equipment, based on an evaluation by a retired dentist.

The board regrets not being able to come to terms with Dr. White after a long and difficult process for both parties. We thank Dr. White for her for the dedicated service over the years and wish her the best. We have begun the process of locating a new dentist for the island, with preliminary discussions having taken place with 6 dentists thus far. Once Dr. White has vacated the leased space, more in-depth discussions will take place with interested dental providers.
Best regards,
BIRHC Board
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Hahahahaha!!keep clucking!
K.A. Pike

Post by K.A. Pike »

Andy sent Ken a message, here's a portion of it - - -

"If you are out to ruin BI you are doing a good job as the tourism will be damaged, then again you don't depend on the island to make a living or to even live here for that fact...I am sure you haven't thought of what you are doing to the people here..............I hope you sleep good at night because I couldn't live with myself if I were in your situation but thank god I am not. Although you might be bothering people you want to bother, you are doing more damage to others. Trust me nobody is saying anything good about you out in public here on BI. I don't know what you hope to accomplish but it isn't going to happen this way,...."

The problem with Andy's logic is that no matter how badly the Health Care board acts their actions are acceptable because in their minds bringing it to light would hurt the tourist dollars and the perceived "paradise". It's almost like a victim of domestic abuse. They are willing to be beat on and live with the abuse because they don't want to be blamed for breaking up the family.

Something I find interesting. The very message sent to Ken from Andy could be sent by any number of people directly to the health care board.

Dear Health Care Board,
If you are out to ruin BI you are doing a good job as the tourism will be damaged. I am sure you haven't thought of what you are doing to the people here..............I hope you sleep good at night because I couldn't live with myself if I were in your situation but thank god I am not. Although you might be bothering people you want to bother, you are doing more damage to others. Trust me nobody is saying anything good about you out in public here on BI. I don't know what you hope to accomplish but it isn't going to happen this way.
Kim Connaghan Jones

Post by Kim Connaghan Jones »

How bout we show some respect for the Islanders who are being laid to rest this weekend and give it a break!