Barbara Cruickshank Obituary

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

I'm Just The Messenger

Barbara Cruickshank Obituary

Post by I'm Just The Messenger »

The song has ended but the melody lingers on. Barbara Jean Cruickshank passed away Saturday morning, October 21, 2017. She was born September 7, 1927 in Port Huron, Michigan. She married her best friend, Bud, in 1950 and they moved to Clawson, Michigan where they raised their five boys. Once Bud retired they moved permanently to Beaver Island to live out their golden years, which entailed Barb becoming the librarian at The Beaver Island District Library and Bud remodeling the house in the harbor along with his other love, painting. Barb is survived by her sons Dan (Debbie), Scott (Patty); daughter-in-law, Debbie Cruickshank; grandchildren, Danielle, Kit, Erick, Lyndsey, Angela, Grant and Christopher and her three great grandchildren Chase, Addison and Lily. She was preceded in death by her husband, Bud and their three sons, Grant, Bill and Brian.

Funeral services will be held on Saturday, November 4th at the St. James Episcopal Church on Beaver Island. Visitation will be held on Friday November 3rd at her home. Times will be announced at a later date.

Arrangements are being handled by the Winchester Chapel of Mortensen Funeral Homes.

www.mortensenfuneralhomes.com/notices/B ... ruickshank
medic5740

Barb Cruikshank Services

Post by medic5740 »

Barb Cruikshank passed away. Visitation will November 3, 2017, from 4:30 til 10:00 p.m. at the Barb and Bud Cruikshank residence. The funeral service will be at the Episcopal Mission at 2 p.m. on November 4, 2017..

I'm just posting for Chris Heikka.
I'm Just The Messenger

Post by I'm Just The Messenger »

Bump
steveandelaineonbeaver

Post by steveandelaineonbeaver »

She was a lovely lady and fantastic hard working helpful Librarian.

Steve West
Steve and Elaine West
20 Southern Oak Dr
Camden SC 29020
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Our thoughts are with the Cruickshank family and friends at today's services.
Kirk