New Island Dentist

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BI Pirate

New Island Dentist

Post by BI Pirate »

After short contemplation and several tall rum drinks, I have decided to become the island's dentist. I will render my services free of charge until my shingle arrives which has been applied for online. Like Protar, I do not to be referred as "doctor". I have leased office space in the rear of Michael Bean's camper for $1 less than the current vacant alternative space. This is based on the recommendation of a retired, not to be identified, dentist or maybe druggist. Bean's camper will allow me to stay one step ahead of the health department inspector. In the future I hope to negotiate a permanent parking spot in Donegal Danny's lot where liquid pain killer will be readily available for both patients and me. On weekends patients will have the added pleasure to be able to hear piped in music by Danny and Danny or Richie and Randy.
I am assembling equipment as we speak or in this case type. I have a comfy Lazy Boy recliner from the Resale Shop, gently used with some cat hair. Allergy tabs at no extra cost. Over the years I have collected used dental tools from as far away as Shipshewana along with yard sales and a Chinese website. I also picked up an assortment of needle nose pliers from islandliving's barn sale that are perfect for all extractions. I also picked up one of Tony Rouch's tanning beds for use while patients wait. My prize equipment is my surgical lamp that I will rent out for curing concrete and drywall tape when not in use.
At this time I plan to have office hours the second Monday, third Wednesday and forth Friday of each week. Above my suite door I have ordered a sign, "If you don't miss her yet, you will". I wanted to get Dick's sign, "If we don't have it, you don't need it", but doesn't make much sense for a dental office, but it was funny. What can I say? "Gun smoke is over", may say it all.
Miss you already Doc. Thanks for all you did for our island and nothing but the best to you. :( :( :(
Skull&CrossBones
Sailorman Larry

BI Pirate DDS???

Post by Sailorman Larry »

One of your better posts!!!
Do you still need a car tow hitch??????
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

Hey Pirate, Tom Hanks may have an ice skate that he could loan you. :idea:
Sharolyn Hunter
Blacksmith Apprentice

Help for the Pirate

Post by Blacksmith Apprentice »

I an a new property owner and not well versed on Island issues; but the Pirate seems to make a lot of good points. I have an interest in, but no skill at blacksmithing, hopefully I can learn make some medieval dental tools for the Pirate. My book on the Spanish Inquisition seems the most helpful in this regard. Looking forward to spending time on B. I. and assisting Pirate with his new dental practice

Bob Yager
stardust

Life is

Post by stardust »

Sign me up do you accept fire wood as payment
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Can I get a deal on my first appointment since I gave you such a good deal on the pliers??
Blacksmith Apprentice

Dentist

Post by Blacksmith Apprentice »

I will accept firewood, however coal is my first choice followed by charcoal.

Bob Yager
Bob

Post by Bob »

Cute posting Pirate.
Bob
beaverman

Post by beaverman »

Your post is loaded with humor. That certainly is what we need now.