Township Consolidation

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Angel Welke

Township Consolidation

Post by Angel Welke »

"Let's Decide on Consolidating the Townships" -- Below is a link to information on the possibility of consolidating the two townships on Beaver Island. If you are interested in signing a petition to have this on a ballot, please contact me.

Angel Welke
231 448 2374 home
231 675 7882 mobile phone / text
angel@islandairways.com e-mail

http://beaverislandnews.com /Lets%20Decide%20on%20Consolidating%20the%20Townships.pdf
stardust

life is

Post by stardust »

Consolidate the town townships HAHAHAHA so the Peaine township would get to enjoy(share) the huge debt the port of the st james has.
kboyle

Post by kboyle »

Bump
kboyle

Post by kboyle »

AEW

Post by AEW »

ugg
Last edited by AEW on Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AE Wirth
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

There are lots of questions being cast about that the consolidation question is â??Newâ?￾, this Post was made Oct 9th. I worked on the consolidation notion in the 80â??s after hearing my father talk about its great potential for the islands future. It always fell to the same old end. People only looking at selfish interests. My father was supervisor in the early fifties but couldnâ??t get the support needed for the reason stated. A local merchant had the opportunity thereafter when the Peaine supervisor begged the then St. James supervisor to absorb their township because they were broke! Huge mistake made at the most critical time. Letâ??s keep selfish interests out of this and look at the long range interests of the island. United we stand, divided we fall! Those who say they didnâ??t know the petitions were out are not looking at our best interests. When I saw this post I called immediately! Duplicated costs and all the things necessary to run A township but unnecessarily by two is just shameful!
medic5740

Link to original broken?

Post by medic5740 »