|BI Community Center
Joined: 20 Dec 2008
|Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:21 pm
Post subject: Bite of Beaver 'Arts & Crafts Show & Sale' starts at
Saturday, October 7th 10am-2pm
Bite of Beaver “Arts, Crafts & Other Goodies!”
Come sample the “other” goodies of the Bite of Beaver festival! Peruse our Beaver Island and Island-related Artisans’ and Crafters’ wares, including everything from hand-thrown functional pottery to hand-blown glass-beaded jewelry; fur, bone and leather accessories to watercolor prints and textile collectibles; precious metals and stone accessories to sweet-smelling candles and relaxation materials. You’ll find something for everyone–and everyone on your gift-list. Not to mention prizes…to be awarded at 2pm!
Featured Artists and items:
• Mary Acker Original watercolor prints and paintings (framed and unframed), handmade leather bags, handmade, original vintage Native American jewelry
• SharAnn Chesshire Original painted greeting cards (many with Island theme), portion of proceeds go to benefit Alzheimer research
• Maureen Cull Hand-painted decorative items and cards
• Darlene Dooley Hand-crafted whimsical jewelry, including Lake Michigan wire-wrapped stones
• Jacque LaFreniere/Island Soy Soy candles and soaps, pillows
• Nanci Likens Embroidered fabrics: shirts, kitchen towels, bib aprons, plus purses, microwave mitts and pads, and key rings
• Jackie Madigan Hand-crafted stuffed stuff and other stuff, including animals, purses, bottle gift bags, coasters, and more
• Larissa McGinnity Handmade stoneware and porcelain pottery
• Nancy Peterson/Beaver Island Jewelry Hand-crafted glass-beaded jewelry, utensils, and other items
• Betty Salveter Hand warmers, lavender and relaxation products
• Mark Valente & Laura Green/Flattail Furs Hand-crafted beaver, coyote & fox hats, ear muffs, mittens, koozies & headbands, plus unique jewelry & décor items
The Beaver Island Community Center...
at the heart of a good community!