One more reason life can be difficult on Beaver Island

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

K.A. Pike

Post by K.A. Pike »

"The only thing I can assume is that business is slow in the funeral home business"

I don't know what you mean by that, although I think it was a shallow attempt to silence me since I own a business and I might be afraid that voicing by opinion may affect my business....good try.

This is one of the issues expressed by others on this forum. People are afraid to post here because they own a business in the brutally small economy of BI and they can't afford to lose a customer. Shame on you Andy, you've proven their point.

So in full disclosure, I also own and operate Great Lakes Business Parks. These are multi-tenant, flex spaces that have shared parking, utilities other common area's. It meets the needs of small companies that have outgrown a home business or have the need for a more commercial space. We are at 100% capacity and have a waiting list, we are exploring another location on the other side of the county.

We own and manage, through a construction manager and crew, a business that buys distressed commercial properties in small towns around us. We rehab them and put them back on the market.

So Andy, as long as you have found such an interest in our lives. We are blessed to be a part of a small community and serve those who call. Not everyone has the financial means to bury their loved ones, but no one is turned away. We are well known in our community for our charitable giving, but it's also well known that I'm a straight shooter and don't BS me, I'll call you out.

Best wishes Andy, if you have any other questions about us, just reply. This thread has taken many turns and the topic has changed a couple of times. I'm sorry your tactic backfired, but I give you credit for trying. I'm not in the forth grade and I can carry by own and the eight other families in my community I support with jobs.
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Kraig
What apparently you don't understand is that I am a small business person myself and I am not afraid to talk on the forum so this was not a way to intimidate you as you so infer, I truly believe that although I speak my peace on politics I am a good business person, although others hide behind fictitious names or not presenting who they truly are by not posting their true names, that isn't me...not sure what you are talking about people owning businesses being afraid, if you are honest, straight forward..... just not an issue. You never answered what I was asking, if you have no interest in purchasing property nor do you own property why are you perusing the thread and why such negativity. Seems that my response made you switch your negativity to me instead of the issues, sorry for the distraction.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Kraig,

You seem to take great pleasures in attempting to belittle others.

You have spent alot of time bragging about what you feel are great accomplishments above. I congratulate you.

I can see Andy's point. By your own omission you clearly show you have no use for the island. I think Andys question was fair and certainly did not deserve your attack.

You say you are well known for your charity... There are people on Beaver Island that give more time, money, tears and sweat than you ever have or will. One if those is the woman you feel at liberty to continue to verbally attack. Andy is well loved and RESPECTED.

Kraig, you have your life in your community, you have your businesses, and you have your accomplishments. Why do you feel that you need to continue to hurt the Island and the people here? You have by your own words admitted you have no future plans to be part of the community.

You attack Andy and Bill every chance you can, you attack the board of the health center, past township officials. You are negative and attempt to devalue and belittle anyone who does not agree with you. Who in hell do you think you are that you have the right to do that?

True to your style you will respond with some stupid analogy that has absolutely nothing to do with the facts of past post and most likely will be off topic. You will compare me to some past moment in history that had absolutely nothing to do with my words in some clouded attempt to teach me and everyone reading a "history" lesson. Then there is also the "how dare you, and shame on you" type of response you will undoubtedly use to close out your point.

The reality is that this is fun for you. Please please stay in your in community and debate the hell out of their politics, citizens and people. O wait...you can't because I am most certain if you behaved there the way you do here you would not be as successful as you claim.

O and one last thing...Be careful threatening to call people out on the BS...because you are the master of BS and consider yourself called out.
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

I wonder why people are choosing not to visit or move to Beaver Island? It's not all cost related. Would you like some of these people being the greeting committee to welcome you?
DC
K.A. Pike

Post by K.A. Pike »

wow, some people live on a one way street. Their comments are justified and constructive and others are attacks and divisive. I'll go to the other side of the playground and hang out there.
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

Mr. Pike, We're in the same sand box. Their comments can only be hurting Beaver Island and its reputation.
DC
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Darby,

Good point! It would be difficult for the fake people who hide behind fake names and people who bad mouth the island and claim they don't come here anymore to be greeters. Covers would be blown!! Always same wagon circling...

I would imagine looking the people they bad mouth, accuse, and twist words about in the eyes would be very awkward!!

Please...take your negative games and go to another sandbox! maybe then people will come back to the forum and post their thoughts and ideas without being worried about being attacked.

Stay tuned folks...the pattern is Kraig, then "Darcy". ( yet to be determined if he is a real person), then the pirate chimes in, then the obvious fake ones start circling. The good news is when they are called out they retreat. The bad news is when a new thread starts they come back and start again. O and when it gets real obvious...the edits and delete prior post.
K.A. Pike

Post by K.A. Pike »

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Kathe,
You can go ahead and call it retreat, I'll call it serenity, courage and wisdom.
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

Bump! Kathe, start on page 1, lots of reading and lots of facts. Basically the first post, Connie's letter representing the board says it all.
On that final day, October 7th at 5:00pm, Dr. White was still working on patients out of her dedication to them and eliminating a trip off Island for dental treatment. She then had to move her equipment out of the HC after the final patient and the 5:00pm lockup deadline. I was there along with Bob Tidmore and many other friends to provide Dr. White with support and to assure that she would be allowed to move her equipment out before the door was locked.
Proud to support her then, proud to defend her now. If you had comprehended my previous post before criticizing me, I stated, "What was, has been and there is nothing we can change about it now". It's time to move on and focus on the future and hope for BIRHC success for the benefit of all.
Last edited by K.D. McBride on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kirk D. McBride
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Kirk I understand that you guys get a real kick out of just causing trouble by bring up half truths and exaggeration but the health center has formed a committee that has been working very hard on getting us the service on the island of a dentist that WE will use, I understand YOU do not use them anyways so it is obvious you are just using this to cause trouble.
I do not mind them taking some time as there is a lot they have to go though, this isn't a easy process. The past is the past no matter if you do or don't like the way it was done, Wendy did resign and this is what she wanted hopefully she has a new chapter she has moved forward with.
I am sure as they have pertinent information they will share it with the public, remember that these people are GIVING their time around their daily lives to help get us this service, unlike some other people which are just complaining they are doing something.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Kirk,

Your need to bring back up this thread is a fine example of your unwillingness to move forward. I appreciate you bringing back up this thread as it is a PERFECT example of the name calling, rudeness and inability to be transparent. It represents the "circling of the wagons" with the fake names and lynch mob tactics used. 13 pages of nonsense.

Again, blessings to you and your family and blessings to the Health Center and board as they navigate through process.

Kathe Meade
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

Kathe -
You obviously don't get me, never have, never will, so don't waste your time and others over thinking my posts. If you spent as much time contributing something productive to the Island as you spend criticizing me, we would all be better off.
The reason I reposted the 13 pages was to point out to you that there was fact, which you challenged, in what I stated about Connie's letter being insensitive about her brother's death, the threat to lock her out of her dental office at 5:00pm and the board's decision to offer $1 for the equipment. Facts that even you should be able read, comprehend and not dispute.
I know you always are obsessive compulsive about having the last word but in your forthcoming attack on me, please leave out your blessings to my family. I and everyone else know you are not sincere, so please knock it off.
Kirk D. McBride
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Kirk

My blessings to your family are sincere.

I know you care about the island and I realize you are flustered by the way somethings have happened. You are not alone. The thread you pointed me too is a great example of the sadness that surrounds the island. The fake names, the games, the horrible comments and name calling of board members and community leaders.

You have encouraged me to contribute to the island. Why would anyone ever want to be on any board or government organization on the island? To be vulnerable to the attacks here? To be called names? To be accused of things that are unethical? I applaud EVERY member of every board on the island, they are braver than me. In my 10 years on the island I have seen the school board attacked, the BIBCO, the BITA, EMS, townships, Health Center, road commission, and the list goes on and on. There is a toxic behavior on this forum and until the fake names, and violators of the "rules" stop nothing is going to change.

This summer when you are on the island please look at it with fresh eyes. See all the good and try to move forward. There is always more than one side to a situation and the truth is fluid.

Those who know me know I am sincere and truly care about the island and the people here. I would appreciate that you respect that in the future.

This conversation has become personal and if you would like to continue it I invite you to give me a call. Another way to combat the toxic behavior on the forum is to stop the bantering. You are welcomed to the last word, and if you choose to call me names and attack that is okay, I can take it. I won't be responding again on this thread. If you would like to take this conversation to another level give me a call.

Life is short Kirk and kindness goes a long way.

Sincerely,

Kathe Meade
517-414-4433
Ron Wojan

Post by Ron Wojan »

Keith Taylor and Kirt McBride, Enough of the picking on Connie Wojan. Sheâ??s my sister in-law and I know for a fact that she does not have a vindictive bone in her body. She has worked tirelessly for the healthy Center for many years. I know you both have the best interest of Beaver Island in mind but you forget that there are always two sides to every story and if Connie has an issue with Wendy then you have to ask yourself why? Wendy has to take some responsibility for a lot of what happened with her practice on Beaver Island. I personally talked to her and it was difficult for her to make ends met there. So donâ??t go jumping to conclusitions and reprinting your same old crap about what was said by Connie, to make your point. Youâ??re only telling one side of a long story. Connie will not answer you, in her own defense, but I will. She is not a confrontational person and she knows that any response will be jumped upon by you two vultures and picked apart until the truth of the matter is even more distorted. I wonâ??t go into the details here about why Wendy is no longer our Dentist. Also, keep your pants on. No one is going to die without a Dentist. I grew up and lived on Beaver Island for at least 40 years without a dentist and my teeth and health are fine.
Thank you Ken for currently helping with the air fare. Thatâ??s commendable. So, Connie wonâ??t give you your daily dose of â??who can we cut down now â?? but I will answer your whenever I think you are twisting the truth and call you out for it. Please feel free to pick this post apart but I assure you that after being on the Island for 66 years, that my skin is 1/4 inch thick and I call a spade a spade. You both are entitled to your opinion and your right to be concerned (politically) about who sits on what boards - in the best interest of the Island. I have no problem with that. But when you keep posting tidbits of the whole issue with the insulationâ??s that go along with it, I will answer you. You guys need to get your point across without dragging other people down. Unjustly and untruthfully. So try to be a little more diplomatic or go away. We donâ??t need this type of crap on the internet. Donâ??t you get that? Please do!
Ronald L. Wojan
Ron Wojan

Post by Ron Wojan »

Kathy, Donâ??t give up. If you do , then their tactics win! They can learn to get their points across in a decent manner and not win -by your giving up your right to express your opinions.
Ronald L. Wojan