Robert Gillespie-Surgery-Released From Hospital

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Robert Gillespie-Surgery-Released From Hospital

Post by Gillespie »

Robert Gillespie is scheduled to have a heart procedure tomorrow at Little Traverse Hospital in Petoskey. Involves a heart valve replacement. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers (and this writer if he finds out I posted this note :roll: ).
Last edited by Gillespie on Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

Best Wishes & Get Well Soon to the Big Guy! :D
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

Our thoughts and prayers are with Robert, Lisa during this time- also with the doctors, nurses and hospital staff- I'm sure Robert is not a very "patient" patient :lol:
woodchopper57

Robert-surgery

Post by woodchopper57 »

Just want to let you all know, in case you haven't heard, Robert has come through his surgery well, is up this morning and saying some choice words to those around him, regarding the pain he is in. The nurse informed Lisa he is through 2/3 of the worst part of the surgery.

Thanks on behalf of Lisa and our family for your prayers and good thoughts for Robert, or Bob as I call him. Please wish him a speedy recovery.
Julie Gillespie
nmarsh

Post by nmarsh »

Robert and Lisa hope all is well. Get well soon
Joyce

Post by Joyce »

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and fast return to the Island!
BIHS volunteer
donkeylady

Post by donkeylady »

Robert......I hope you are feeling better. You better be nice to those nurses who are "helping" you.......I have connections and can arrange daily enemas for attitude adjustment. :lol:
Beth or John McCafferty
27890 Barneys Lake Rd.
Unfinished Farms
Beaver Island, MI.
Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

"Just want to let you all know, in case you haven't heard, Robert has come through his surgery well, is up this morning and saying some choice words to those around him."

Great! Sounds like the Big Guy is recovering well. Best wishes. :D
woodchopper57

Robert

Post by woodchopper57 »

Robert has had a setback today, however doctors feel they have things under control. Please say your prayers for him, and for me for posting this message, when he recovers I'm in big trouble.
Julie Gillespie
Jim

Post by Jim »

Donna and I are wishing the best for Robert and Lisa.

Jim
nancy

Post by nancy »

Best wishes to Robert and Lisa for a speedy recovery!

Nancy Peterson
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Just talked to Lisa, Robert is stable and doing well all things considered. I believe it was Friday night he pulled all of the tubes and connections loose in a semi conscious reflex action, this caused the doctors to have to go back in and make sure everything was ok. Strangely they found a blood clot two that was not detected. In any case they placed him in induced suspension (they do not call it a coma for whatever reason) and have kept him pretty much that way since. They were going to "wake him up" today but he has a low grade fever and they will wait until that passes. All of his vital signs are good and steady and it is a matter of healing. He pointed to something today that Lisa finally determined he wanted turned off, a fan, so that tells us he is cognizant. When we know more we will post.
David Roop

gillespie surgery

Post by David Roop »

Hey Buddy, get well ,
l had a heart attack in May ,and doing good now,
l remember you in 1972, you were one of the many people that treated me really good, my first trip to Beaver Island.
Will see you this fall.

COON KING
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

We had a very good report on Robert about 45 minutes ago from his wife Lisa, he is awake now although he is drowsy. He is breathing on his own and has good vital signs and his temperature is normal. All signs indicate a positive situation. Keep him in your thoughts which will help, thank you all.
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Another follow up, he is sitting up, has had water and some Jello and is already barking orders. He told his wife to tell Kevin Barry the vacations over (they claim it never started!). Anticipating this, I told Lisa this morning when we spoke that should should collect a couple quarts of the induced coma solution so we could quiet him down when necessary :lol: . We had a good laugh but there hasn't been much of a chance until today!! PLEASE DO NOT CALL LISA! She has been overwhelmed with the concern and the calls to this point but now she has to attend to Robert and that will be a big project. Watch the forum for updates. If anything changes it will be posted here. Thank you all for your kindness!