Neon Green Tent Stolen from St. James Twp Campground

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Dbgross

Neon Green Tent Stolen from St. James Twp Campground

Post by Dbgross »

My daughter camped at the campground Saturday night. She went to breakfast Sunday morning and left her tent to dry in the sun. Upon returning the tent was gone, fortunately she had removed her belongings from the tent. Staying in the campround was a softball team and just a couple of other campers. The softball team had left when they returned...and they saw them getting on the ferry. Does anyone know which team this might have been and the name of a captain we could contact?

We had a wonderful visit to the island other than this and our view of the island and islanders remains very positive.

Thanks, Doug Gross
Doug Gross
D-Family

Post by D-Family »

Mr. Gross,

Hello, and sorry for your troubles with the tent. It looks like I am the cause.

When everyone left, we thought (along with chairs, beer cans, sox, clothes, still burning fires/coals, snare traps, and much more...) that the softball players abanded it with all the other above mentioned items and we picked it up.

We are still camping at the campground, lot 6 by the rear bathrooms and have the tent. We should be back there about 7-8pm tonight, or I can drop it off to you at anytime.

If your off the island, let me know your address (I have provided my phone number and email below) and we will be happy to mail it to you ASAP.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvienence and misunderstanding, but the good news is that the tent is safe and ready to be returned.

And please apologize to your daughter for me, we will make sure everything gets squared away.

-Nicholas De Laat
NicholasDeLaat@gmail.com

I cannot access this forum currently unless we stop at the library, so please feel free to call my cell phone anytime.
ian

Post by ian »

I love happy endings.