Garage Party and Benefit for Jerry LaFreniere

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Garage Party and Benefit for Jerry LaFreniere

Post by Gillespie »

(From Beth McCafferty)

Hello Friends and Family!

Just letting you know to mark your calendar for Friday Aug. 29th....(Labor Day Weekend). We are in the planning stages for hosting a HUGE "Garage" party at Unfinished Farms in honor of Jerry Lafreniere. We are calling it a "garage party" for all the gatherings he has hosted over the years......how many? I would love to know a true count! Hundreds?? If you have not already heard, Jerry is going through some serious health issues, and we need to let him know we love him, and hope to lift his spirits with good old fashioned barn dance.

I am very very open to ideas and suggestions to make this event the ultimate for him. Yes, it is going to be a benefit........and who deserves a little shot in the arm better than him! We have the "2x4" band reserved already, and I'm working on the pig roast and hobo pot details.

If anyone would like to sign up to be part of the set-up, clean-up, and food crews....please let me know. The help will be very much appreciated.

I don't have a huge address book, so please forward this message to any and all people who you think would like to know about the event.

Last year we recorded 670 people who attended our benefit for Brian, I think we may top that if we get the word out it is for Jerry!

Thanks everyone!........I'll be in touch. Beth McCafferty (and of course John!)

BigMike

Post by BigMike »

Jen and I will be there. I will pass this along to anyone else I can think of.
E T

Post by E T »

Beth, I will be glad to help in what ever capacity you need. Just let me know where and when.
Ed Troutman
38280 Beaver Drive
Beaver Island, Michigan 49782
Karen Johnson

Post by Karen Johnson »

Hi Beth,

I would be happy to help. Just let me know what you need (#2168). Also I would be happy to donate a necklace or bracelet if you choose to do some sort of raffle/auction.

Thank you for hosting this!
Karen Johnson
lindawearn

Post by lindawearn »

I'd be glad to help with any thing I can for the Garage Party. I'll be on the Island stating the week before Labor Day. #3001.

Linda Wearn
donkeylady

help with Jerry's party

Post by donkeylady »

If anyone would like to be on a "crew" for the "big shin-dig" for Jerry.....please drop me an email to (islandhorses@yahoo.com) I am not used to checking the forum for messages regularly, as I am a newbie to it. Any and all help will be appreciated. I am looking for sponsors to help with some of the expenses such as food, beverages, paper products, auction items (no junk!) etc.
thank you again.......what a great community of people!!
:lol: Beth McCafferty
Beth or John McCafferty
27890 Barneys Lake Rd.
Unfinished Farms
Beaver Island, MI.
Phil Becker

Post by Phil Becker »

Please count me in for whatever help you may need...anything at all..
Phil B
Michelle LaFreniere

Still need Volunteers

Post by Michelle LaFreniere »

Hi Everyone,
Beth put me in charge of the ticket gate and desserts, and with all that has been happening I am falling behind here! I still need two people willing to sit at the gate from 10pm-12am, as well as a few more people willing to make desserts.. Please call me at home 448-2017 if you can help.
Thanks, Michelle
Concerned

Post by Concerned »

Where can we sent a donation if we're unable to attend the benefit party?
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

If you would like to make any contribution, and they do need your help, you can mail it to:

Marie LaFreniere
P.O. Box 217
Beaver Island, MI 49782

She will get all the mail sent this way!!