Jerry LaFreniere-Surgery

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Tom Burke

Transatlantic thoughts

Post by Tom Burke »

Hi Jerry and Marie,

I was only telling folks here the other night about your barn and the number of great nights i had there. I was explaining how your house is a real "public house" in the traditional sense of the word.

I have full confidence that Jerry will fly through the surgery and beat that cancer back to whence it came.

Keep the faith

Tom
Judy Hansul

Post by Judy Hansul »

Dear cousins,
Wanted you to know that you are so loved. Am looking forward to seeing you both in August. Maybe you won't have to play Stanley Floyd this time and someone else can pick me up at the airport!
Hang in there.
Judy
p.s. Marie, you're birthday card is almost in the mail....
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Here's the song Danny performed this past weekend:

Sam Hanks
I have a good friend named Jerry

Who from time to time

Will send a little message on the email line

Theyâ??re never anything special but just

His way of saying hey

So I look forward to seeing them almost every day

Chorus

So letâ??s give thanks to Sam Hanks and all

He sends our way, He communicates with many of us

Almost every day

From Pictures and stories to the foggy dew

Heâ??ll tell you little tales that many can not do.

Heâ??s been a story teller since I was a little lad

Some we can talk about and some are to bad

Weâ??ve all seen his pictures and had a cup of brew

While leaning on the old Beachcomber Bar to Learnâ??

A thing or two.

Chorus

- Dan Gillespie
mrdoig

Jerry

Post by mrdoig »

Jerry and Marie....our prayers are with you both.

Jerry I can't wait to see you at the next "safety meeting". All of us in Chicago are thinking of you.

Lots of love,

Mary Rose
MARY ROSE
Bernadette Green Cole

Post by Bernadette Green Cole »

Hi Jerry and Marie, My thoughts and prayers are with you both. I am sorry for what you are going through, seems like you have already been through so much. It amazes me that you still have a smile each time I see you. Wish there was something I could do to help. Take care, both of you. Bernadette
sandy lodico

Post by sandy lodico »

Hey Jerry this is from your favorite cousin who I dont know why you call me the "home wrecker". It really is Marie who wants to go out all the time. On a serious note, I love you and Pete and I will be praying for you. Your going to make out just fine.Sandy
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

Hey Jerry
We sure are missing our "Dock Nazi" at the dock- miss talking to ya- Get well and love to you and your nurse Marie. [-o< Thoughts and prayers with you both. Love Sheri
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

Jerry,
Sandra and I missed visiting with you and Marie this summer on the B.I. Realty porch.
We plan and look foward to having a good conversation with you during our next summer's visit.
Good luck and God Speed.
John & Sandra
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
sally

Post by sally »

Jerry,
I miss our conversations before Mass. Sally and I are keeping you and Marie in our prayers. Praying for a complete and speedy recovery so we can continue to compare our notes at Mass.

God's Peace,
Harold and Sally
woodchopper57

No where to go

Post by woodchopper57 »

Jerry

Please please get better soon, I have to go home too early because the garage is closed, what is a girl to do.

Love you bunches and bunches. ( And Elaine too!!!)
Julie Gillespie
Mike Evans

Absolute Best Wishes

Post by Mike Evans »

Jerry and Marie,
My wife, Kristen, and I wish you fast healing and smooth sailing from here on out! If there becomes any opportunity to stop by the hospital, I would love to say hello. It's been a while, but seems not so long ago when Jerry was explaining how BIBCo does things on the Island. Again, we're thinking about you both.

-Mike & Kristen Evans
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

----- Original Message -----

Jerry was shipped off this morning with a large crowd formed at Welke Airport to wish him well. Please keep him in your hopes, thoughts and prayers. He is scheduled for a surgery that could take as long as 12 hours (time under sedation) which can be very tricky. He will be at the University of Michigan Hospital for the next 10 days or so.

Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

We just arrived in Ann Arbor a short while ago with a mostly uneventful trip, well we did get lost once!

Will keep you all updated.
Mary Profeta

Post by Mary Profeta »

Marie, give Jerry a big hug for me and tell him that I will say a prayer and have a beer tonite that everything goes well. We miss you at ASF. Mary
debrob2

Jerry LaFreniere---

Post by debrob2 »

Just wanted to take a minute and update everyone as to what is going on. We met with the surgeon today (several of them actually) and it was determined that surgery is no longer Dad's best option. The tumor has attacked a portion of the muscle in his face that they had not anticipated. Basically, it grew at a much faster rate than they imagined initially. Also, his calcium and creatin (and I'm sure I've spelled that incorrectly...but it is the measure of his kidney funtion) levels were not good and made surgery no longer an option.

Dad has been admitted to U of M. He is spending tonight there with the hope that they will be able to start radiation in the morning. If things go as we now hope, he will get a week or two of radiation here and then possibly be transferred back to Petoskey for the remainder of his radiation. At this point, he is not strong enough to endure Chemotherapy.

Please continue to pray for him...

We all had a good cry initially but are now in the process of putting on our big girl panties and dealing with all of this. Dad is still quite groggy, but certainly still in there.... When the doctor asked him exactly where his pain was located...he smirked...(with the side of his face that still smirks) and very deliberately pointed at each of us standing in the room.

We know you all love him dearly...as we do...and we thank you for you care, concern and prayers...

Marie, Michelle, Gerald, Debbie, Becky & Rory