In the GR Press

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Andrea Gallagher

In the GR Press

Post by Andrea Gallagher »

Gas price article.

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8543003

It reads:

Beaver Island gas hits $5.49 gallon

Posted: June 23, 2008 05:38 PM EDT

Updated: June 23, 2008 05:41 PM EDT

BEAVER ISLAND, Mich. (WOOD) - The most expensive gallon of gas in the entire country is in this Michigan vacation destination.

Beaver Island, off the northwest coast of Michigan's lower peninsula, is selling regular unleaded gas for $5.49 per gallon.

The island's Chamber of Commerce slogan is Unspoiled, unhurried, unmatched in natural beauty. The director, Steve West, said that although the prices are higher on Beaver Island, the activities on the island off-set the cost.

Right.
Andrea Gallagher

**We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

It doesn't say:

"Right.
."

Just one example of a Beaver Island bargain is a 2 beedroom unit on Lake Michigan for only $550 a week. That is just one reason Beaver vacations booking are up this year.
Andrea Gallagher

It DID say "right" at the end of the article. I copy and pasted it just as it was posted on the net. (I copy and pasted it in case people could not get the link to work.)
They (WoodTV 8) must have realized how it looked and taken it off.
I just clicked on the link and it has been changed.

I am glad to see that it has. The way that it was in the first place made it look like the person writing the article was saying "Yeah, right." to what Steve West had said.
Andrea Gallagher

**We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
Andrea Gallagher

I added in the periods (...) because I wanted my signature further down from the article.

I should have clarified that earlier.
:-)
Andrea Gallagher

Andrea Gallagher

one other thing...

there was another poster to the forum on woodTV in response to that article that made a reference to the "Right" being at the end of the story.

here it is.

RBW
Allegan, MI Reply »
#19 16 hrs ago
The funny thing is, when this story was first put up here...it had the last line this was has but underneath was a space and then "Right." Whoever posted the news story obviously didn't believe the dude's reason either and someone made them take it off.

Glad to see I'm not going crazy.
Andrea Gallagher

Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

"Right" was wrong! :mrgreen: Glad WOOD got it right in the end!

Just one example of a Beaver Island bargain is a 2 beedroom unit on Lake Michigan for only $550 a week. That is just one reason Beaver vacations booking are up this year.

Steve
"the dude" says Andrea.
Andrea Gallagher

Laughing at myself BIG time here...
Just realized the title I put in the subject line... "In the GR Press"

AHAHAHAHA! Ummm.. noooooo... it was on WOOD TV's web site.

Some days it just pays to stay in bed. :lol:

Gotta love typos.

Take care.
Andrea Gallagher