Paul F. Baron (1955-2008)

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Angel Welke

Paul F. Baron (1955-2008)

Post by Angel Welke »

Paul Foster Baron, 53, of Charlevoix and formerly of Fairfield, died suddenly Thursday, June 19, 2008, at Northern Michigan Hospital. Born April 9, 1955 in Bridgeport, Paul attended Florida Institute of Technology and Western Michigan University. Paul was director of operations for Island Airways and Aviation Advisor. Previously Paul was director of Aviation for Four Winns Boat Group, and director of operations and maintenance at Lake City Airport. Paul was certified as an air transport pilot, flight, and ground instructor, scuba instructor, and had a masters certificate for boating. An avid pilot, sailor, scuba diver and outdoorsman. Paul's greatest loves were his family and aviation. Paul provided flight and ground instruction to hundreds of individuals. His passion for flying was contagious. Paul's generosity, friendship and talent will be greatly missed. He is survived by his wife, Bettina; daughter, Alexandra; his parents, Ruth and Frank Baron of Fairfield; a sister, Patricia Charles of Westbrook; and a brother, David Baron of Roxbury. A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday, June 22, 2008 at Holy Cross Church on Beaver Island. In lieu of flowers, a memorial account has been created. Contributions to the Alexandra Baron Fund may be sent to Charlevoix State Bank, 111 State Street, Charlevoix, MI 49720. Arrangements were handled by the Winchester Funeral Home, Charlevoix.

Published in the Connecticut Post on 6/21/2008.
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

Thank you Angel for providing this obituary. I'm just so sad. I feel so very sorry for his little girl, Alexandra. I wish we could be there to help celebrate his life. It is quite a loss to the Island and to Island Airways.

He recently donated his time to help a friend whose mother needed help.

I trust that Islanders will see him off in style.

Trish Scott