William Fox, Sr. 1921-2008

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Foxbat

William Fox, Sr. 1921-2008

Post by Foxbat »

This is Bill's youngest son, Roland. I am sorry to bring you the sad news of Bill's passing last Saturday, May 24th, after complications arising from a broken hip mid-February. He is survived by Barbara Fox, his loving wife of fifteen years; his brother, John [Ella] Fox; three children, William [Linda] Fox, Mary Jane [Greg] Lawson, and Roland [Carol] Fox; five grandchildren, Becky [Josh] Lopez, Christopher Fox, Jonathan Lawson, Jennifer Lawson, and Ian Fox; and one great-grandchild, Donny Lopez.

His full obituary is available on-line at the South Bend Tribune. The quick details of the Memorial Services on Saturday, May 31st, are as follows:

Memorial services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Saturday, May 31, in First Presbyterian Church, 333 W. Colfax Ave., South Bend, with Rev. David Morrow officiating. A Masonic memorial service will immediately follow. The family will receive friends in the church from noon until the time of services at 1:30 p.m.

Donations in lieu of flowers may be made to the LaSalle Council, Boy Scouts of America, 1340 South Bend Ave., South Bend, IN 46617; the Preservation Association of Beaver Island, P.O. Box 494, Beaver Island, MI 49782; or to the 32nd Degree Masonic Learning Center for Children, 427 North Main Street, South Bend, IN 46601. Welsheimer Family Funeral Home North is handling arrangements.

Family and friends may leave e-mail condolences at welshfh@yahoo.com or on-line at Dad's GuestBook provided by Legacy.com.
E T

Post by E T »

Roland Thank you for advising this through the Forum. I had heard the news via the Christian Church. Your father will be missed by many of us on the Island.
Ed Troutman
38280 Beaver Drive
Beaver Island, Michigan 49782
adams3ae

Post by adams3ae »

To the family of Mr Fox...I knew him and his wife from the island and I will miss seeing him and he always called me A squared, as my name is Abbie Adams. He will be greatly missed by many of us on Beaver Island. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Foxbat

Memorial Service 7/5

Post by Foxbat »

There will be a Memorial Service this Saturday, July 5th, at the Beaver Island Christian Church @11:00am EDT with a potluck to follow at the Phil Gregg Social Hall.

Barbara will be there for the weekend, along with the rest of us: Bill, Linda, Mary Jane, Greg, Roland, Carol, and Ian.