Spinning the Island gas price story in the Detroit News

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Chamber of Commerce

Spinning the Island gas price story in the Detroit News

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... /805060382

"Quit complaining, gas is $4.99 on Beaver Island"

"On an island where a three-bedroom, three-bath beachfront house with room for eight rents for all of $1,300 a week, inquiries and bookings are running ahead of last year."

The Chamber spin tells the REAL story ........... Beaver Island Is A Great Bargain! :D
Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

The note below is from a Chamber member. His office is in Grand Rapids. If everyone living and working on Beaver Island got one friend/family to visit this season it would have a big impact. :D We sometime miss the fact that BEAVER ISLAND IS A BARGAIN!

"The Detroit News article made it's way around my office this morning, and lots of my collegues commented on it all day long. I told everyone I could what a great place the island is, what a safe environment for kids, what natural beauty...all of that, what a great vacation value it is in spite of high gas prices...."