Beaver: Front Page Above The Fold / Charlevoix Courier

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Chamber of Commerce

Beaver: Front Page Above The Fold / Charlevoix Courier

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

http://www.charlevoixcourier.com/articl ... 008144.txt

Front page with two color photos in the print addition of 3-12-08 Charlevoix Courier.

Word is all motel rooms are full except a couple of suites at the Emerald Isle. Two bedrooms, full kitchen and living area only $143.00. Team up and rent yours today. :D
Kevin Green

Post by Kevin Green »

Great article! It's fun to see St Paddy's getting such great press coverage.

One slight correction for the paper though, it's fish chokers not fish stomper, right??!!
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Thats right Kev..................
Chamber of Commerce

Yes "chokers" indeed. We will call that one my mistake! :oops: I must have been thinking something about goldfish that the PETA folks .................. oh well never mind. :mrgreen:

Erica Goff, new Charlevoix Courier editor, has accepted our invitation and will be here for the big day. I will fess up to my error at that time so she can correct it in the "post event" piece she will write.

Steve
piper

also in today's T-C Record-Eagle

Post by piper »

Some comments about Beaver Island festivities in today's Traverse City Record-Eagle:

http://www.record-eagle.com/entertainme ... d=topstory
piper

St. Pat's weekend

Post by piper »

Regarding the Courier article, some clarification: I have been engaged to perform at Donegal Danny's Pub on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. Liam and Marilyn are my kind hosts for the weekend.

I might be induced to "blaw a few" for the festivities in town, but it would be strictly spontaneous. Good old army rum (or something like it) is always a great inducement for a piper.
jmcbain2

ahem

Post by jmcbain2 »

Does this mean I don't have to play in town this year and can concentrate on enjoying my beverages?
piper

piping & imbibing

Post by piper »

Geez, Jeremy, you shouldn't let a few beverages interfere with your playing. It waterproofs the bag!

I'll be there, and if you care to, we can collaborate.

Slainte Mhath!
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

The following is from the Traverse City Record Eagle:

Back on Beaver Island, West said there's been talk of some making this year's St. Patrick celebration a "three-dayer" due to the holiday's calender placement. Still, for some, March 17 is the lucky date.

"St. Patrick's Day is often called 'The Big Day' if you're Irish," West said.

Ah Steve.......today is known as "The Great Day".

Slainte Everyone!
Chamber of Commerce

"Ah Steve.......today is known as "The Great Day".

My second mistake in only a week. :oops: Remember the old saying about the news ........ as long as they spell your name (Beaver Island) right.............Perhaps that doesn't hold true if your GOV of NY and the story involves a hooker. :mrgreen:

For the second week in a row Beaver Island is front page above the fold in the print edition of the Charlevoix Courier.