Pinky Lee on Prairie Home Companion Saturday

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

nancy

Pinky Lee on Prairie Home Companion Saturday

Post by nancy »

The group Pinky Lee : Jenny Bousquet and Holly Keller from Petoskey, Michigan will be on the 20's something talent show for Prairie Home Companion on NPR this upcoming Saturday, 15 March. Check your NPR schedule for times. Pinky Lee web site at
http://www.myspace.com/msholly4u

Of course, Jenny is a Beaver Island girl, daughter of Kevin and Deb Bousquet.

Go Pinky Lee!!

Nancy Peterson
nancy

VOTE for Pinky Lee

Post by nancy »

It looks like you can VOTE for your favorite group/singer on Prairie Home Companion on Saturday night. Vote on line at beginning of show (lst hour).

It is held in St. Paul so the web site mentions Central Time. Vote at: http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/feat ... html#pinky

Vote for Pinky Lee and Jenny from Beaver Island!!

Here's the rundown on how the online voting will work:

The show will begin at 5 pm, as usual. You'll see listen links and voting information on the homepage.

Throughout the first hour of the show, all six contestants will have a chance to perform.

After all the acts have had a chance to perform (probably around 6 p.m.) we'll add a direct link to the voting form to the homepage at www.prairiehome.org. You may have to refresh your browser page to see the link.

At that point you should go ahead and place your vote for the act you like best. If you can't get to the page right away, it's OK. Votes will be accepted until 6:30 p.m.

Some things to remember

Blank votes will not be tallied.

Only one vote per computer.

Online votes will be added to votes by the audience at the Fitzgerald Theater
Michelle LaFreniere

Post by Michelle LaFreniere »

Looks like "Pinky Lee" made the Petoskey News
Review today!!
Check it out..

www.petoskeynews.com

Michelle
medic5740

Beaver Island Needs to Vote

Post by medic5740 »

With any online votes being added to those that are voted at the live performance, I would think that Beaver Island votes could really make a difference. If you could take a few moments out of your St. Patrick's Day celebrations, get on your computers, only one vote per computer, go to the website and vote, we could really help out Jenny and Holly, and give them some support. It isn't often that an Island in the middle of Lake Michigan can make a really big difference for one of its own. Your vote can and will make a difference!! If you "almost voted", Jenny and Holly will "almost win." If you vote, you give them a chance at winning this competition!! If they 'knock 'em dead' in the "Pinky Lee" performance time, then your vote just made them look that much better. PLEASE VOTE!!
nancy

VOTE for Pinky Lee on NPR Saturday

Post by nancy »

I agree with Joe - if lots of folks take a little time off from the festivities on Saturday night to vote for Jenny and Holly, plus all the folks that read this forum, they could get lots of votes.

I put it on my website plus put it on a glassmaking forum where there are lots of Michiganders and NPR listeners. They are really good! Good luck Jenny and Holly!!

Nancy
www.BeaverIslandJewelry.com
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

...playing now on the web stream at 6:25-6:35 ...

http://www.prairiehome.org
megsing3

-----

Post by megsing3 »

Pinky Lee sounded GREAT last night. Way to go!
gpadams1

Pinky Lee Was Great!

Post by gpadams1 »

Hi, We were at the Prairie Home Companion Show last night in Saint Paul. My wife and I had never heard of Pinky Lee before but they were amazing and got our vote! Pinky Lee, you now have fans in Philadelphia!