Wendy Kenwabikise-Weidenhamer RIP

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

debrob2

Wendy Kenwabikise-Weidenhamer RIP

Post by debrob2 »

Word was just received that Wendy Kenwabikise-Weidenhamer of Alanson (formerly of Beaver Island) passed away about 1:00 pm this afternoon. Wendy will be cremated and a service held in Petoskey as well as on Beaver Island. I will post more information as it comes to me.
beckyg24

Post by beckyg24 »

I am so sorry to hear of Wendy's passing. I know that she is finally pain free, but I also know from personal experience that losing a mother is not an easy thing to do. I would like to send my sincere thoughts and prayers out to her children and husband. She was an awesome mother and was loved by so many people. I just hope that she realizes how many people she really did touch. Debbie, I know that you will be going to the funeral, please pass along my condolences to her family.

Becky
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

Another angel got her wings!!! :cry: She will always be the little girl that i used to give piggy back rides too in school. And she grew into a beautiful woman and wonderful mother- our thoughts and prayers are with her family.
debrob2

Post by debrob2 »

The funeral will be held at St. Francis Church in Petoskey on Thursday, March 6th. The time has not been determined yet. I will post it on here when I find out. And yes, I will be attending the funeral and will pass along everyone's condolences. She was my forever friend and I will miss her dearly... I know that the family, along with Father Pat are planning to have a service here on the island at a later date.
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Debbie,

Do you have an address so that people can mail condolence/sympathy cards to the family?

A couple of people have contacted me asking for an address so they can send monetary gifts to help with the funeral expenses.
pbolt

Post by pbolt »

So sorry to hear this news.
Please send my Condolences to the Kenwabikise family.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Very sorry to hear of this loss; our thoughts and prayers are with the Kenwabikise family.

Just received this email from Simon:
--
We are planning funeral services at St. Francis Church in Petoskey at 3pm on Thursday March 6th. A special rememberance of her life will be directly after the service at Liberty Baptist Church in Alanson (right off of US 31).

Any donations or cards may be sent to her husband

Richard Weidenhamer
8771 Blumke Rd.
Alanson Mi 49706.

A thank you to all for the prayers and thoughts. We will be having a service on the island as well with Fr. Pat, but we have not determined the exact date and time.
--
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Obituary: (From Petoskey News Review, March 4, 2008)

Wendy Lynn Weidenhamer, 37, of Alanson passed away at home Friday, February 29, after a 16-month fight with brain cancer. Born on June 26, 1970, in Petoskey, she is the daughter of John Kenwabikise of Beaver Island and Hermenia (Leroy) Hoffman of Gould City. Wendy was a loving stay-at-home-mom of five children, and always enjoyed the chaos of our large family. Not even the cancer treatments and diets could keep her from enjoying her life and family. She consistently supported her children by going to games and after-school activities. Hair or not, she was always there. She fought with her head held high, and always a positive attitude; full of hope and never afraid.

Wendy is survived in life by her devoted husband Richard Dean Weidenhamer; five children; Scott Hughey, 19, Daniel Hughey, 17, Shelby Hughey, 13, Mya Weidenhamer, 6, Mason Weidenhamer, 2, all from Alanson; siblings, Erick (Ardis) Kenwabikise, Simon (Anne) Kenwabikise, Rose (Justin) Skop, Katheryn Kenwabikise and Patrick Kenwabikise; and many nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins. She is preceded in death by four brothers, John, Kenneth, Dennis, and Jesse; paternal grandparents Paul and Isabell (Wabanimkee) Kenwabikise; maternal grandparents Jess and Rose (Slocum) Moore.

Memorial services will be at 3 p.m., Thursday, March 6, at St. Francis Xavier Church in Petoskey. Following the memorial service will be a gathering of remembrance for Wendy at Liberty Baptist Church in Alanson. There will also be a memorial service on Beaver Island that will be announced at a future date.

Arrangements were handled at the Charles G. Parks Funeral Home in Petoskey.