Web link to a few BI pictures.

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Carl

Web link to a few BI pictures.

Post by Carl »

We visit the island every summer and take a few pictures. I have tried to upload them to the web with no success so here is a link to my gallery if anyone is interested. I posted a few shots of the famous water shooters in last years parade.

http://carlray.smugmug.com/gallery/2513959_4x62Y
McDonough

Post by McDonough »

Those are really nice. What kind of camera are you useing?
Carl

Camera

Post by Carl »

Thank you for the nice comment.

These were taken with a Canon Mark IIN with interchangeable lens. I have used it for several years now and think it will last a few more. Not a point and shoot though.
Joyce

Beaver Island pictures website

Post by Joyce »

Wonderful Beaver Island pictures, Carl! Have you ever entered any of your work in the Museum Week Art Show??? Joyce Bartels
BIHS volunteer
Carl

Thank you Joyce

Post by Carl »

I haven't really had time to check into the Museum Week Art Show but may do so in the future. I take these for my enjoyment enabling me to get outside and see things I wouldn't usually look for. Always glad to share them with others to enjoy.

Carl
megsing3

great

Post by megsing3 »

Awesome pictures!
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Very nice photographs. I've see a few of these before (especially the amazing macro shots) but there are a ton of great new photos. Also I backed up the directory tree and love the TC iceboat photos from 06... when I was a kid and there was such a nice huge stretch of harbor that was perfectly clear ice so you could see all the sand patterns in the shallow parts, I always dreamed it would be great fun to race an iceboat across paradise bay!
Carl

Thank you Super Megan

Post by Carl »

Thank you Super Megan, the time spent on BI is always enjoyable with lots of things to see.
Last edited by Carl on Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carl

Thank you Jeff

Post by Carl »

Thank you Jeff, Alice and I always enjoy your wonderful pictures and news in the Beacon. You put a lot of effort into it and it shows.

The iceboat pictures you liked were taken at the DN Class finals on Elk Lake. The lake had just frozen over a couple days before and it was as good as it gets for ice boating. Without cleats on your boots you could not walk on the ice. Your idea of wanting to ice boat Paradise Bay is a good one.
Last edited by Carl on Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janine

Post by Janine »

I thought these photos were really nice too, I especially liked the close up shots of leaves and insects. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing them.
Carl

Thank you Janine

Post by Carl »

Thank you Janine. I had a lot of fun taking these and glad you liked them. Always a fun time for me when I wander around shooting pictures
nancy

Post by nancy »

Gorgeous photos of the island Carl! Thanks for sharing.

Nancy Peterson