Moondance Update??

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Michelle LaFreniere

Moondance Update??

Post by Michelle LaFreniere »

Sooooooo, what is the latest on the moondance thing? When will 'the movie' come out? and where? and did they accomplish all they came to? I am just wondering..
Julie Gillespie

Moondance

Post by Julie Gillespie »

As far as I know Michelle, they accomplished what they needed. According to Tara they are thinking the documentary will be done by Jan/Feb. It will be shown on public television but I have no other details.
Robert Cole

Post by Robert Cole »

Moondance was happy with what they accomplished during their week of filming on Beaver Island, Michelle. They have more footage to shoot on Arranmore soon, and then begins the challenging process of editing well over thirty hours of footage into a one-hour documentary, which they hope to have completed by February.

The company has contracted to broadcast the film on Irish television station TG4, a branch of Ireland's national broadcast network, RTE. What makes this particular project even more of an effort is the fact that Moondance has to essentially produce two different films: one in Gaelic and English for TG4, whose programs are in Gaelic, and one in English for American audiences. It's possible TG4 will air the documentary before May of 2004, after which Moondance intends to pitch the film to at least two US public television stations in the midwest.

The crew seemed to think they had a good chance of having the film aired stateside, and if it is, would like to return to the states to organize a "premiere party" of Beaver Islanders and Chicago-based Arranmore Islanders.

It was a very busy but fun and exciting week for both the film crew and Beaver Islanders who were involved in the process, including myself. We won't soon forget it, and I plan to do a write-up on that week for the Beacon soon, and will post the story here and on the beaverislandforum message board. We definitely look forward to seeing the finished product...

Robert
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

I too, cant wait to see the finished product !
Tom Burke

Work in progress

Post by Tom Burke »

howdy folks,

nobody told me jet lag takes so long get over. Seriously, we are only recently returning to our senses since, in my opinion, we fell under the spell of Beaver (no pun intended).

In short, the footage is good and clean and we are extremely happy. I would be more happy if some of the shots were spoiled because then we could come back and shoot for a few more days. As it stands, we are heading for Aranmore this Friday to complete the rest of the english language material. Our happy time on Beaver only makes us more eager to head north being as we are newly enthused and feeling all the more connected to the project. Upon us now for the first time is that great burden of responsibility that the island has given us it's history, it's story to tell, and we have a duty to do the best we can (Cue Robert Cole "Take that story and sell it for CASH").

But seriously folks, that feeling is upon us once more. That same feeling we had back in March, that feeling that this is something quite special which will turn into something quite good.

Knowing Beaver as i do, i'm sure this message will be read by those for whom it is intended, all those who helped, all those who talked, and all those we consider our friends.

Watch this space

Tom

p.s.Robert, some leftwing irreverant humour shall soon be on it's way to you
Robert

Post by Robert »

God luv ye's Tom, and may your time on Arranmore be fruitful--and may the filming go well also. :wink:

Yes, you do have Beaver Island's story now, and it is a great responsibility. No worries: but do remember, if the film doesn't quite meet our hopes, we knowwhere you live! :P

Looking forward to the jokes...

Robert