FOURTH OF JULY FIREWORKS TO BE CANCELLED

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Fish Camp

Re: FOURTH OF JULY FIREWORKS TO BE CANCELLED

Post by Fish Camp »

From the United States Fleet Forces Command 06/24/20

3.A.1. (U) AS WE EXECUTE A CONDITIONS-BASED APPROACH TO BOTH HPCON CHANGES AND THE LIFTING OF TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS, WE MUST STILL ENSURE THE HEALTH OF THE FORCE AND GUARANTEE MISSION ASSURANCE. COVID-19 IS NOT ERADICATED. IT STILL PRESENTS RISK TO OUR SERVICE MEMBERS, CIVILIAN WORKFORCE, AND THEIR FAMILIES. LIKEWISE, THE MANY VECTORS

THIS VIRUS CAN TAKE TO INFILTRATE OUR FORCE MAKES IT A CONTINUED THREAT TO MISSION ASSURANCE, A ZERO FAILURE MISSION. WE ARE LEVERAGING THE OPERATIONAL ENVIRONMENT TO MAKE RISK-BASED DECISIONS IN SHIFTING HPCON AND OPENING UP OF INSTALLATION SERVICES. IN SOME LOCALITIES, THE EASING OF COMMUNITY RESTRICTIONS IS NOT ALIGNED WITH THE NAVY IMPERATIVE TO MAINTAIN COVID INFECTION AS LOW AS ACHIEVABLE ACROSS THE FORCE. WE BEAR AN OBLIGATION TO MAINTAIN THE ABILITY TO MAN AND TAKE OUR SHIPS TO SEA, OFTEN ON SHORT NOTICE. IT IS THEREFORE ESSENTIAL THAT EVERY ONE OF US TAKES PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY TO LIMIT

THE SPREAD OF THIS DISEASE. ASYMPTOMATIC SPREAD IS A REALITY AND ONE MISSTEP OPENS A POTENTIAL ATTACK VECTOR FOR THIS VIRUS. WE MUST STAY VIGILANT IN EXECUTION OF FORCE HEALTH PROTECTION GUIDANCE AND WE MUST HOLD OURSELVES AND EACH OTHER ACCOUNTABLE FOR OUR ACTIONS. MEDICAL INTELLIGENCE ANALYSIS IS CLEAR. INACTION OR ?MIS-ACTION? RELATED TO MITIGATION MEASURES PUTS OUR TEAM, FAMILY MEMBERS, FLEET, AND MISSION AT RISK. I EXPECT ALL COMMANDERS TO DISSEMINATE THIS DIRECTION TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE COMMAND, ENSURING EVERY SAILOR HAS A COMPLETE UNDERSTANDING OF THE ENVIRONMENT THEY ARE OPERATING IN AND THE GUIDANCE THEY ARE OPERATING UNDER.

See the complete document and distribution here:

https://www.cnic.navy.mil/regions/cnrse ... FRAGO.html
sandpiper

Post by sandpiper »

This started out as a post by the two townships cancelling the fireworks. I think it is getting out of hand. Steve and Adam are not members of the Beaver Island Community anymore and should refrain from posting. Ken should stop baiting Steve, Adam and now Jeff as he is just making the posts more virulent. Leave it to those that are closely connected to the Island such as Jeff, John, Meade family, Sour Grapes, Fish Camp and McBride and any other residents to express their feelings either way. And leave out the childish remarks about the Governor. This was the responsibility of the townships not the Governor.
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

I commend and support the Townships for the position the they have taken early on and continue standing strong to protect Beaver Island and all upon it. I would pose a question to the Townships and that is as summer progresses and more visitors/vacationers come to the Island but refuse to follow quarantining or mask wearing, who should those cases be reported to and what enforcement will follow? Rules and laws are only as good as the consistent enforcement.
Kirk D. McBride
jmedlin

Post by jmedlin »

ktaylor wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:21 am Headlines and stories from NPR

EU Sets New List Of Approved Travel Partners. The U.S. Isn't On It

Sen. McConnell Says Americans Must Have 'No Stigma' In Wearing Face Masks

Trump Says He Was Not Briefed On Russian Bounties Because Intelligence 'Not Credible'

Remdesivir Priced At More Than $3,100 For A Course Of Treatment

Former NIH Director ("under Bush") Calls Trump Administration's Pandemic Response 'Amateur Hour'

no comment
Anyone else tired of winning yet?
Sour grapes

Post by Sour grapes »

Jmedlin, I dont think Ken thinks this is a winning topic. Not sure what you are saying here.
jmedlin

Post by jmedlin »

Sour grapes wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:06 am Jmedlin, I dont think Ken thinks this is a winning topic. Not sure what you are saying here.
Mr. Grapes, I was referring to when candidate Trump said that if he was elected, we would all get so ‘tired of winning’. Now you know what I meant okay? Ken makes more sense than you will any day. In case you haven’t noticed, America is not winning as promised as Ken pointed out with the latest headlines. America is becoming a tragic failure and laughing stock of the entire world.
Sour grapes

Post by Sour grapes »

Ken... =D> =D> =D>
Jmedlin, no I didn't know what you meant. I did noy get the reference, as we are not winning. I thought you meant whining. My apologies.
SKATINGFAMILY

Post by SKATINGFAMILY »

Saddened by the division when community always seemed to bind all. Politics has entered the discussion and it is a scourge upon america promoted by the media and politicians and it is being bought into by many.
Fish Camp

Post by Fish Camp »

Best of luck everyone. No more from me on this topic.

"With about 40,000 new cases being reported a day, Fauci, the government’s top infectious disease expert, said he “would not be surprised if we go up to 100,000 a day if this does not turn around.”"

https://apnews.com/8e2b3b7ca3bb2475b9ae901dad4e09ee

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e0/2d/2d ... c1db43.jpg
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/30/roughly ... -says.html

So already 5 million people in new york city had coronavirus all the way back to early February. That is double the number of cases being currently reported as the total to date nationwide. Dr Fauci and his waffling statements and predictions are often based on incomplete info, which leads to erroneous predictions which he admitted to when questioned by another MD, Dr (Senator) Rand Paul. This is probably why New york continues to have low numbers of cases it has already established a degree of herd immunity developing locally there.
sandpiper

Post by sandpiper »

I am happy to see that Steve and Adam have left but you Fishcamp should hang around. Maybe it will stay nice now.
Fish Camp

Post by Fish Camp »

No way. Too much rampant ignorance and political bias.
Last edited by Fish Camp on Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

Dr Fauci's predicitons have been correct 38% of the time. Keep listening to him Ken, he hasnt practiced clinically in decades, as the California doctors pointed out months ago and who have been proven correct by the antibody studies, although they were blasted by the liberal media at the time and censored by social media. What a joke.
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

I'm not sure how 38% is arrived at from any credible source but I can unequivocally say the Trump's percent in handling of COVID-19 is zero. With that, I'll go with the 38% anytime.
Kirk D. McBride