A Letter in Support of the Health Center

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Jackie Madigan

A Letter in Support of the Health Center

Post by Jackie Madigan »

I am not sure if I can convey my feelings about what the BIRHC Board has gone through the past few weeksâ??but Iâ??m going to try. I should have done so on July 17th, so it could have been in last monthâ??s publication.

I wanted to attend the meeting to show my 100% support of the BIRHC Board. The reason I stayed away is that itâ??s still very painful to me to talk about my personal experience, and I was afraid Iâ??d sound like a blubbering idiot.

The Board made a decision based on facts that the majority of Island residents donâ??t have because of the confidentiality requirements. If we believed they would not stand by that requirement, then we should truly be alarmed. My father said many times that there are three sides to every story: yours, mine, and the truth.

I will always support the Health Center because it belongs to our Communityâ??no matter who runs the show. And Iâ??ll be forever grateful for the amount of time and the Iâ??m sure often difficult decisions the Board has to make.

--Jackie Madigan