So, tell me about Beaver Island

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

DawnAttruia

To Kevin

Post by DawnAttruia »

What an interesting way to spend a summer. Had you mentioned that 10 years ago when I was 20, I might have considered it! Hey, what time period is your novel set in? Good luck selling your work, the last hurdle for you. Dawn Attruia
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

The 1850s, mostly. And 1978.
DawnAttruia

Post by DawnAttruia »

Hey Kevin,
Are you and your family planning to be on Beaver Island this summer? I'd love to run into you, and maybe check out your work??
1978...what a great time to be young and traveling. I was 4 then. Lol
Jack F.

Just asking... Hi Dawn also ;}

Post by Jack F. »

Hi Kevin, are you Related to Umm, a guy named ah, his name is hard to Remeber hear? He's Jackie Martin's, Older Brother..Dang i Cant Remember well name's :oops: He come's to the Island evrey year in the Fall Mainly. He Live's in Cinn-Ohio,he has a big family. also so thats what made me ask. no Problem man.
?

Nope.

Post by ? »

Ron Perry, i Ment. He's Related to her somehow.
kathleen

Post by kathleen »

I think Ron Perry is Jackie martin's brother-in-law
Jack

Post by Jack »

Sounds Rite Thx Kathleen :wink:
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Jack, Nope, not related to the Martins. Any relation I have to any Islanders would have to go all the way back to Ireland. :-)

Dawn, I'm still procrastinating (it's a skill) on summer vacation plans, will let you know.
DawnAttruia

Thank you

Post by DawnAttruia »

I want to thank those who responded to my post, particularly the emails I received. Hearing from you has been great. What an absolutely warm, inviting, and gracious community. I look forward to my time there.
Much appreciation,
Dawn Attruia
Kevin

DawnAttrutia/Books

Post by Kevin »

[quote="DawnAttruia"]Hey Kevin,
Are you and your family planning to be on Beaver Island this summer? I'd love to run into you, and maybe check out your work?

Dawn,

As a matter of fact, I'm going to be there next week (week of Aug. 9th). Are you by chance already there, or will you be there next week?

Kevin
DawnAttruia

Hey Kevin

Post by DawnAttruia »

Hi Kevin,

I've been in Michigan all summer. I have been to Beaver Island several times, absolutely loved it (minus the mosquitos), & didn't want to leave. The weekend of the 9th I will be down around Ann Arbor visiting family. So sorry to miss you! I'll be returning to Beaver Island the end of August to secure winter housing. I do have a backup in Traverse City, in case I don't. Not the same, I know. If you and your family are still there, great. If not, enjoy your time there. Take care...Dawn Attruia
DawnAttruia

Post by DawnAttruia »

Looks like my backup in Traverse City will have proved useful. I do like the area (Traverse City), yet after being on Beaver Island, there is no comparrison. I wish I had had more luck. Very disappointed....Dawn
Paul/Shirley Cole

Winter housing

Post by Paul/Shirley Cole »

Hi Dawn - we think we might have an idea for your dilemma but need to speak with you directly regarding your winter housing needs. How can we get in contact with you?
Dawn Attruia

Post by Dawn Attruia »

I would be extremely interested to hear from you! I carry my laptop and cell with me, so either email or a phone call would be great. My email is dattruia@earthlink.net cell#(909)212-0732. Look forward to hearing form you. Thanks so much...Dawn Attruia