Funny advertisement

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

School marm

Funny advertisement

Post by School marm »

In October's Beaver Beacon you can read an ad for Bush by the Charlevoix County Republicans. I guess Bush must have chosen a new running mate other than Dick Cheney, cuz the ad urges voters to elect Bush/Chaney! Hm. Maybe Chaney's a cousin of Cheney's?

Oh, and underneath that the ad lists "non-partison" candidates for the Michigan Supreme Court. Funny, I thought the word was "partisan".

Looks like Bush's No Child Left Behind program is already improving literacy among young Republicans who write the ads for their party, ey? :lol:
Beaver Beacon

Post by Beaver Beacon »

Good catch.

That is quite embarrassing and it's entirely our fault. Our sincere apologies for doing such a poor job typing :oops: We will do better in the future.
cherie

Funny advertisement

Post by cherie »

I'm used to reading/seeing type errors in our local Califorina paper.
When I lived in Michigan I'd see it all the time.

Some of it was kinda funny.

Lite,Light

blue,blu

read,red

tonite,tonight

where,wear

mellow,mallow
Lori

Fascinating

Post by Lori »

Cherie, you got something interesting to add to just about every single message, dontcha?

Not.
cherie

Gotta a problem with it

Post by cherie »

:-) Lori do you have a problem with it? I doubt if there's a limit on what messages someone is allowed to reply to.If the admiistrater doesn't have a problem with it no one else should.

I haven't read anywhere that this forum is only for the use of people who reside on Beaver Island.

Cherie
Southern CA
Lori

Me? Problem?

Post by Lori »

Cherie, you know the best thing about internet message boards like this? Anyone can post almost anything they want, all the time.

The worst thing about them is that anyone can post almost anything they want, all the time.

Message boards like this usually have one person who tries to dominate every single topic of discussion: whether they know anything about that subject or not, whether they have anything relevant to add or not.

What bugs some people is when you complain loudly every time somebody writes about something that bothers you, for instance politics. Hey, if you don't like the topic, leave it alone! Let other people have their say without telling them they shouldn't talk about it. It's that simple. You're not the administrator here, and no one expects you to weigh in every time somebody writes about typos, or navel lint, or whatever.

And for the record, I'm not an island resident myself, just someone with a connection to the place.
cherie

I'm not trying to be the administrater here

Post by cherie »

:roll: I'm not going to let you or anyone else ruffle my feathers.

Someone says something that's silly or doesn't make sense I'm going to reply. It's called democracy,freedom of speech. Some of the people that dicuss poltics do carry things alittle to far.

I have connections with Beaver Island too.My grandparents lived there and some of their children were born there.
Lori

Post by Lori »

"Someone says something that's silly or doesn't make sense I'm going to reply."

Cherie, it seems like a whole lot of things don't make sense to you, even when people have tried over and over again to explain them to you. It's like you just plug your ears like a kid and yell "na na na na na na na, stop talking about that, it makes me mad!" blah blah blah....

If ya got nothing constructive to add, don't say anything. This ain't about "free speech", its about having something real to say. And when's the last time you were even ON Beaver Island?