marine museum

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BERNIE MILLER

marine museum

Post by BERNIE MILLER »

How was the open house Jeff?:D
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Hi Bernie,

Sorry I've been so busy this month that I haven't been watching for new topics on the forum here like I should.

The 100th celebration / open house was a nice opportunity for folks who might not otherwise visit the marine museum or who haven't done so in a while to take a peak and see (or remember) everything that's there. Since I find most everything about boats quite interesting, it's my favorite of the museums (and a lot of people have put a lot of work into the exhibits there.) Currently, the primary tasks are working to better preserve the Bob S and the mural. Since these necessary and important tasks don't have the immediate excitement and 'spark' that some other projects have had, it's good people had a chance to check in and remember the marine museum needs their support too. Once the big preservation projects are accomplished, hopefully we'll see some more fun and exciting things like more new exhibits and restoration work begin anew.

marine museum

Post by guest »

Thank you Jeff.
When my folks decided to donate the building to the township, I know this is the type of thing they had in mind. It just makes me smile to see how nicely things have developed at the museum. You all do a wonderful job. Bernie Miller