old car removal

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

carol gillespie

old car removal

Post by carol gillespie »

Does anyone know how I can get rid of my old car? Is there going to be another removal of old cars from the Island? Who would I contact to arrange it?
Rich

Post by Rich »

Carol, Try Junior Butler, 448-2896. From time to time there are cars taken over on the barge if they are taken to the dock.
Rich
carol gillespie

old car

Post by carol gillespie »

Thanks Richie.
Carol
kathleen

Post by kathleen »

Carol,last year Jean Palmer (St.James township Clerk) was in charge of arranging cars to go off island to a junk
yard.The cost was $30.00 and you had to have the title to the vechile.Try Jean,she may be able to help.
Carol Gillespie

old car

Post by Carol Gillespie »

Thanks, Kathleen
I will ask Jean
Carol

kathleen wrote:Carol,last year Jean Palmer (St.James township Clerk) was in charge of arranging cars to go off island to a junk
yard.The cost was $30.00 and you had to have the title to the vechile.Try Jean,she may be able to help.
kathleen

junk cars

Post by kathleen »

Carol,Adam Anderson,from Beaver Island Marine is accepting junk cars at no charge.You will have to give him the title and have the car taken to his drop off site which is on the Carisle Rd. next to the stoney Acre.Am not sure how long he will be accepting vehicles but his # is 448-2300 .