Wanted: Zealous Music on the Porch musicians

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

davidhi5

Wanted: Zealous Music on the Porch musicians

Post by davidhi5 »

At this year's Music on the Porch event (Monday, July 15), Islanders will be treated to three song selections from my two-act musical play, Beaver Isle. I'm looking to rehearse musicians on the island in June. Here's what I need:
1. Fiddle band instrumentalists to accompany one of Beaver Island's finest soprano voices for Donegal Dreams. Katcheline Og sings this Irish lament, paying tribute to the island of Arranmore.
2. Singers and fiddle band instrumentalists for an upbeat song called Independence Day. Pat Bonner, accompanied by his sister and fiancee, parade past Protar's cabin on July 4, 1913.
3. Singers in four-part harmony to lead the assembled audience in this a capella closing number, Our Island Saint (a solemn tribute to Protar).

Please contact me via email with questions or to participate. I'll send you the music scores. Thank you!
David Hill
davidhi5@yahoo.com