Peaine's 5 Year Recreation Plan

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Pam Grassmick

Peaine's 5 Year Recreation Plan

Post by Pam Grassmick »

In the event that you missed the notice in the post office, below is another opportunity to participate:

Peaine Township

A draft copy of the Peaine Township 2024-2028 Five-Year Park & Recreation Plan is available for review and public comment for a period of 30 days at the at the Peaine Township Hall located at 36825 Kings Highway, Beaver Island, MI 49782 during regular office hours and also available for viewing on our website at www.peainetwp.org

Feedback will used to finalize the 5-Year Park & Recreation plan which will be presented at a Special Public Hearing of the Peaine Township Board on the 4th of January 2024, at 3:00 p.m. at the Peaine Township Hall located at 36825 Kings Highway, Beaver Island, MI 49782.

Interested persons may attend the public hearing. Written comments prior to this meeting may be addressed to Maria Dal Pra, Township Supervisor at the address as noted above or emailed to peainetownship@gmail.com.

Carla Martin, Clerk
McGrass
Pam Grassmick

Re: Peaine's 5 Year Recreation Plan

Post by Pam Grassmick »

For those who are having difficulty navigating the township website and finding the new recreation plan, here is a link:

https://webgen1files1.revize.com/peaine ... .27.23.pdf
McGrass
pbona

Post by pbona »

I am having difficulty finding the total number of respondents to your online Recreation Plan survey. The .pdf link posted does not contain the appendices in my downloaded copy. Unless I missed it, the link posted to the township copy does not seem to show this number either. The largest number of respondents to a single question I can find in the tables provided is 85. In addition, I do not find any of the online responses to the request for input (mine included), only those from the meeting minutes. Please indicate the number of respondents to the online survey as well as the proportion that are permanent residents. Making the online written responses available would also be helpful. This will help understand how much these goals reflect the desires of the residents. Out of 85 answers, many of which have a number responding "don't do", it is hard to see the total picture. Thank you in advance!
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

Hi Pat,

I posted this plan in an effort to make residents aware that the Peaine Township board was looking for input on their new plan. I was not involved. I will forward your remarks in the event the township doesn't visit this site. Vickie Smith and Maria Dal Pria are the township contacts.

Stay well!
McGrass
Peaine Twp

Post by Peaine Twp »

Pam,

Thank you for posting this to the forum, ensuring that those who do not use social media are aware and have input. I appreciate your time in doing so.

Pat,

Thanks for your feedback. I will look into your questions and respond in a timely manner so your concerns are addressed.

Enjoy your day, all.

Maria Dal Pra
Peaine Twp

Post by Peaine Twp »

HI Pat,

Per concern, the online survey results as well as the working session at Peaine Township hall have been posted to the website in order to facilitate access to the information. They can be found by clicking the actual "Parks and Recreation" header on the website or by following the below links:

User Input Survey Results https://webgen1files1.revize.com/peaine ... esults.pdf
Peaine Township Hall Public Input: https://webgen1files1.revize.com/peaine ... 102023.pdf

In an effort to share the process and communicate background, I inquired as to why the data was not included in the draft that was released for input/ corrections/ feedback. It was explained that because it is data that will not be changed, it is not typically included in the draft version but is included in the final version. Providing the information now is of no consequence, it is simply not typical at this time. Regardless of what might be standard, it has been made available for yours and others review to address your concerns.

Please feel free to let m know if you have additional questions or need additional information.

Thanks and have a wonderful day,

Maria Dal Pra
pbona

Post by pbona »

Thank you both for the prompt reply. This helps to clarify the survey.
Pat B.