E-book and Paperbacks Available

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

medic5740

E-book and Paperbacks Available

Post by medic5740 »

Rural EMS IS Different

July 5, 2023

The process for getting this book, written by your editor Joe Moore, is completed, and the book is available on Amazon. The first picture above is the title page of the book. The other picture is of a hat that was obtained sixteen years ago when the book was begun to be written. 

There is a website for this book, and a link to purchase the book will be placed on this website as well as the Rural EMS IS Different website as well.

The book has over 400 pages, and took quite a lot of effort as well as investment to get it published. The current proposed cost of the book is $8.99 for the E-book, and $17.99 for a paperback copy of the book. Paperbacks are available.

This book is dedicated to a great friend and fellow EMS provider Gerald LaFreniere.

Search using the title on Amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C7Y664C1/re ... 146&sr=8-1
BradG

Re: E-book and Paperbacks Available

Post by BradG »

I’m enjoying your book! Nice job, Joe and thanks for all your years of service. You’re an Island treasure!

Brad
medic5740

Re: E-book and Paperbacks Available

Post by medic5740 »

Thank you, Brad! I've been retired from EMS for about 7 years, but kept my license active until this May, just in case I was needed. It took 16 years to get the words down on paper in a format that could provide information to those interested in history. Lots of cases were left out because it was too easy to identify the patient, which, as you know, is a "NO...NO!"

Thank you for your comments!

Joe