Concert last night at Jewel Gillespie Park clarification

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Lois Sowa Stipp

Concert last night at Jewel Gillespie Park clarification

Post by Lois Sowa Stipp »

Last night, Baroque on Beaver hosted a free concert in front of Jewel Gillespie Park. It was an amazing evening. Last years event had cars driving through the middle of the concert. I panicked that someone would get hurt with the large crowd and traffic. We obtained a permit from the county (I will be glad to produce it for any of you angry souls) to close the road for the event. We took up as little space as possible to make it safe. I am not sure why this upset many and why it continues today to create problems. Please, contact me or the County if you require further information. FYI: I followed the permit directions explicitly. The County approved the closure, the Township Supervisor was in the loop, as was our Deputy.
Thank you to all the happy people who came out to enjoy this evening of music. My very best to all (angry and happy) people.
Lois Sowa Stipp