Rumors

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

pamo

Rumors

Post by pamo »

I really was not going to respond to a rumor circulating about me but thought it best to set everyone straight regarding the status of my health ! It has been said that since I am going to have major surgery that I will not be able to "do the job" as clerk for St. James Township, should I win.
I have Melanoma In Situ. In Situ means in one spot, it is not going to spread and no chemo or radiaiton is required after surgery. The surgery is to remove the melanoma which happens to be on my nose. This wil mean surgery in stages (3) as not only will the tip of my nose be removed, I will have my forehead excised twice for grafting purposes. All of this will take a few months but I will be fine. I have already given the Doc a pic of my cousin Richie with instructions that my new nose should in no way resemble his , my only concern.
This will in no way impede my working and carrying out the duties of clerk, managing the convent, and chairing the cemetery fund committee. but may have an effect on my ability to garden (future sun exposure)
Thanks for your concern, thanks for the calls and cards.
Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

"I have already given the Doc a pic of my cousin Richie with instructions that my new nose should in no way resemble his , my only concern. " :mrgreen:

Thank goodness. Good plan.

Best wishes.

Steve
AEW

Post by AEW »

You will be in our prayers Pam, Good Luck in the election. Ever thought of wearing a flower on the tip of your nose on the bandage? Could be great buisiness advertising? Just a thought
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Ahem...........perhaps your cousin will help with the nose problem in advance!! :shock: Good luck on your surgery!!