Whats about wlan on the island?

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

fixL

Whats about wlan on the island?

Post by fixL »

hey guys can you tell me where free wlan aviable is? thanks
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Free WIFI access is available at the Library one block up the hill from the harbor on Donegal Bay Road. Other than that you can pay by the day or month with Central Solutions if you want wireless internet on the water or around the harbor.
fixL

Post by fixL »

Jeff wrote:Free WIFI access is available at the Library one block up the hill from the harbor on Donegal Bay Road. Other than that you can pay by the day or month with Central Solutions if you want wireless internet on the water or around the harbor.
thanks
Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

Very soon the all new Harbour Market will include free Wi-Fi.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Very cool.

Also I believe the new Community Center too in July!
Angel Welke

Post by Angel Welke »

The Welke Airport Terminal also has free wireless!!!
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

That's excellent -- I would have loved that when I was going back and forth to school!

Also Stoney / Donegal Danny's Pub has WIFI on site.

The Community Center's WIFI access has been live for a couple weeks now. (sorry for the late post since everyone probably already knows this by now -- don't know where July has gone so quickly!)

And the Emerald Isle Hotel just added free WIFI for guests this week vs. having to walk across the yard to use the library's free wireless connection.
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Free wifi on the porch at Beaver Island Realty as well.
fixL

Post by fixL »

Gillespie wrote:Free wifi on the porch at Beaver Island Realty as well.
and at the libary, at the Hotel in the opposite of the daddy franks at the community center usw im on the island... lol
Kris S.

Wifi

Post by Kris S. »

What's the coverage area of the Central Solutions WiFi? We rent the Last Resort, on Sand Bay, and I'm wondering whether that's outside of the covered area.
"The trouble with the rat race is, even if you win, you're still a rat." --Lily Tomlin