Beaver Island Electric Car Show 6/27-28

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

I think he meant DRIVES Michelle!! Funny though! There were some very cool vehicles shown today and everyone that can should check them out tomorrow, last day of the show........
Dan Wardlow

Post by Dan Wardlow »

Yes Michelle ... one of them is a submersible and I've signed you up to be the first test dive. BYO air tank ... see you around noon!
:D

p.s. I think 4 cars were sold yesterday, many cookies consumed, and a lot of people wearing ZENN hats around the island now! Thanks to everyone who came out on such a beautiful day to see and test drive the cars and truck. We'll be out there again today (Saturday) from 10-6, rain or shine.

p.p.s. The Historical Society is continuing to sell raffle tickets on the cool ZAP electric scooter donated by North Central ZENN. You can test drive the scooter too ... drawing for the scooter is at 6:00 pm in front of the Shamrock. Five second prizes of copies of the movie "Who Killed The Electric Car?"
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

A friend sent me that movie some time ago, VERY interesting, worth seeing!
Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

"Yes Michelle ... one of them is a submersible and I've signed you up to be the first test dive. BYO air tank ... see you around noon!"

Gosh darn it Dan, you said I could go first. :lol:
Dan Wardlow

Post by Dan Wardlow »

Many thanks to everyone who came to the first Beaver Island Electric Car Show! We estimate over 350 people attended over the two days, and hundreds of test drives were taken in the GEM, Miles, ZENN and Think! cars. I know I gave over 40 test drives in the ZENN alone. Four GEMs were sold and delivered during the show, and a fifth may wind up staying here too. Both of the dealers have lists of potential EV owners to follow-up with, and we expect several more will join the 11 EVs now on the island by the end of summer.

And Ed Wojan has asked for a public charging station on his office building, so when it's up and running, it will become the seventh in the island network of free public charging stations. Thanks Ed!

The Beaver Island Historical Society benefitted from a raffle of a Zap electric scooter, donated by Vic Staley of North Central ZENN. The lucky winner was Judy Taylor. The five second-prize winners of the movie "Who Killed The Electric Car?" are Bruce Parker, Ken Davis, Barb Lucas, Carol Aram, and Pat Nugent. Thanks to everyone who supported the Historical Society.

Big thanks to Eric and Dana Hodgson for supplying the perfect location, electricity for charging, and ice. Thanks to Jeff Connor from Inland Auto EV for the pop and water. Thanks to to Vic Staley from North Central ZENN and Frank Veraldi from Fox Motors of Charlevoix GEM for bringing so many cars for islanders to experience. And Joe Erwin rallied the cookies from Amy Burris, Joanne Cashman, Sally Lounsberry, Terry Keyes, Carol Creasser, Betty Scoggin, Heidi, Hannah, and Levi Connor.

We're starting to talk about a second electric car show for next summer!

p.s. rumor has it we'll soon see Pinky electrified.
Chamber of Commerce

Thanks for your work Dan!

How about an annual "green transportation show" in Late June. We could make it an annual event. Lets talk about it. How can Chamber provide support? www.beaverisland.org

Steve
BobTidmore

Petoskey News

Post by BobTidmore »

Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Very nice!
nancy

electric car show

Post by nancy »

Thank you Dan for putting this great, informative show together!

Nancy Peterson
Chamber of Commerce

http://www.upmag.net/Grids/Carcare/EV_Show/EVShow.html

Great story and VIDEO about the Car Show from UP Mag.