Environmental mess needs clean up

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

AEW

Environmental mess needs clean up

Post by AEW »

Way down on East side drive near the sharp turn where the 15 mph sign is there is an old shed on the west side of the road that has old car batteries, paint cans, a fridge and some cans of "mystery fluid" all over it. There is a little creek a few feet away from the junk that leads into lake michigan. I will donate a truck, gas and my time to help clean up the mess but I need one more person and someone to help with the disposal costs. Please let me know if you can help.
Thanks,
Adam E. Wirth
448-2581
231-675-0816
aewirth@aol.com
AEW

Post by AEW »

Well, I guess I will just have to do it myself. You know, It is the physical actions that we choose to do everyday that can make our little place in the world better to live in. Whether it is just an act of kindness to a stranger, or fixing something that needs fixing, we have the ability to choose to sit back and complain or get off our bums and take action. I was once told there are 3 kinds of people, "Doers", "Thinkers", and "Think your a Doer"
Carl

Post by Carl »

AEW wrote:Well, I guess I will just have to do it myself. You know, It is the physical actions that we choose to do everyday that can make our little place in the world better to live in. Whether it is just an act of kindness to a stranger, or fixing something that needs fixing, we have the ability to choose to sit back and complain or get off our bums and take action. I was once told there are 3 kinds of people, "Doers", "Thinkers", and "Think your a Doer"
I would think you should contact the owner of the shed and property before you disturb his or her belongings. If it is on State or County owned land then a cleanup may be ok. Just a thought.
AEW

Post by AEW »

I hear ya carl, but to me getting this stuff out of there is worth a tresspassing ticket. If the state DEQ saw it the owners would really be big trouble, so I'll take the gamble. Thanks
AEW

Post by AEW »

It is done. Thanks to the transfer station for giving me a great deal on disposal price.
AEW

Post by AEW »

:D