Contractor Recommendations

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

TaniaRH

Contractor Recommendations

Post by TaniaRH »

I am in the process of purchasing property on the island. Woohooo!!! I need to do a well inspection first. Who do you locals recommend? Also, the first thing I want to build is a bath house with a sauna. Small. I want to use local timber if possible which can possibly come off the property. Also, the off grid cabin needs a good scrubbing and I’ll likely be getting rid of some of the old furniture. Any recommendations for cleaners, painters, chimney sweep, etc? The property is at the south end. My closing date is the end of August but I’m hoping to do it sooner. I would like to accomplish as much as I can this fall. If I could get the cabin set up to rent to hunters this season that would be awesome. I really have no idea how to do that or what the hunting is like at the south end. I would only have a few people on the property (50 acres next to state land) in an effort to be respectful of my neighbors who also hunt. I’m not a hunter and don’t know if this is something I would do every year as I will eventually be there full time. But, leasing the cabin will help me pay for upgrades until I sell my house. If anyone has advice or recommendations I would really appreciate it. Feel free to send me a private message, email or call. I’ll be on the island next weekend hopefully to drop off my island vehicle and visit the cabin. Thanks everyone! Tania Hanline (231) 768-4603, t_hanline@yahoo.com