High-Speed Internet Questions

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

CMIX

High-Speed Internet Questions

Post by CMIX »

Hello All,

This is Chad Mix from TDS Telecom. I was reading some of your posts regarding the high-speed Internet options you have on Beaver Island as well as some of your questions. I just wanted to let you know that I would be happy to answer any of your questions. Some of you seem somewhat technical. I'm from the marketing department. Therefore, I may not know the answer to all of your questions. However, I'll be able to get answers to anything that I do not know myself. Please feel free to contact me directly with questions. My e-mail address is chad.mix@tdsmetro.com and my phone number is (920) 420-1459.

The one question that I remember reading was related to VPN over the DSL from TDS and or wireless connection from Central Solutions. I do not want to speak for Central Solutions. However, in our wireless markets VPN works over the wireless. I'm guessing the same is true for their product. You could always call them to make sure. VPN will work over the DSL. I can not see any reason that it wouldn't. We have many employees using our VPN from wireless, DSL and T1 delivered Internet.

If you have more questions, please let me know and I'll get you answers ASAP!

Thank you,

Chad Mix
TDS, Market Manager

(920) 420-1459 Cellular
(920) 882-3150 Office
CMIX
Dan Wardlow

Post by Dan Wardlow »

So when can we expect DSL service down along the West Side Rd near Fox Lake?
CMIX

Expanded DSL

Post by CMIX »

I wish I had an answer for you. However, a schedule for future deployment of DSL has not been established. I can tell you it won't be in 2008. I'm going to do my best for 2009. Although, there is a capital expenditure process I have to follow. All markets without DSL will be trying to obtain the capital to expand their DSL coverage.

TDS is at about 90% coverage throughout the country. We're working to get to 100% coverage.

I will keep you informed as dates are established.

Chad
CMIX