Disappointing

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BradG

Disappointing

Post by BradG »

I just discovered I’m missing a lawnmower, compressor and nail gun from our land off McCauleys. About $500 worth of stuff. I’ve been coming here for 40 years and living here for 6. We’ve never had an issue before and never had to lock things up. To who ever took the stuff, bring it back and leave it in the pole barn and all will be forgotten. If not I’ll certainly be older, wiser, but not happier.

Brad
Terry Frysinger

Re: Disappointing

Post by Terry Frysinger »

Might deter/help if you described what was stolen e.g. color, brand.
BradG

Post by BradG »

It was a green Yard Man walk behind power mower from Powers a red pancake compressor and a gun both from Harbor Freight. The real loss is not the value, but my loss of innocence about our paradise.
duffer

Post by duffer »

thanks ken for always doing your part and it is sad brad because i have had things stolen also. was a time you never locked doors here
duffy
jmedlin

Post by jmedlin »

It is disappointing, and we all may have to be more vigilant about this sort of thing although it has been relatively rare in the past. I learned pretty quick after coming out here that there were plenty of dishonest people around after I saw the way some shady contractors ripped off my mother back when she had a cottage here.