Beaver Island music fest

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

tkludt

Beaver Island music fest

Post by tkludt »

Is there a reschedule date for the music fest or has it been canceled?
islandliving

Re: Beaver Island music fest

Post by islandliving »

I have been asked that same question several times. Looks like on the website it is still scheduled?
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Seems most music festivals are cancelled throughout Northern Michigan this summer. Makes sense that the BIMF would be also?
Sour grapes

Post by Sour grapes »

Cherry Festival, Miss Michigan contest, parades, Ann Arbor Art Fair, the list goes on and on, all closed this summer. SO hard to know what the right choice is. Based on other venues response it seems the responsible thing to do is to cancel. I dont envy anyone who is faced with making that call.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

The Island has done such an amazing job to keep everyone safe so far with actions way above anywhere else in the state. I’m sure this event will be looked into thoroughly with the right decision made. I’m sure the recommended safety guidelines wouldn’t work so well at a music festival?? All the summer ones on the mainland have been canceled.
jmedlin

Post by jmedlin »

With so many things being cancelled this summer, hopefully the mosquitoes will be too. :wink:
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Has anyone heard yet if this is still happening this year?
carolburton

Post by carolburton »

PARC will be able to let you know our final decision about the Beaver Island Music Festival after June 1. Our board felt that there was no need to rush on this decision since the information being put out about COVID changes daily and is uncertain. There would be no harm by delaying a decision to cancel and holding out some hope for the future. Only positive results for Beaver Island if things were to open up faster. There is no need for concern or debate about this as we will of course be following any restrictions that are put in place if it will even be allowed. However, we are working hard on other great ways and platforms to promote the many artists and businesses that rely on these events. There are possibilities for having a virtual festival or events and radio events. We are also discussing 2021 so that we can bring the music life back to the island when allowed.

I do not use this platform often unless notified of something I should look at so please email me directly with your questions. I would be happy to answer them one on one. Thank you, Carol
beaverislandmusicfest@gmail.com
burton