Powers Hardware Retirement/Sale

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

JFPowers

Powers Hardware Retirement/Sale

Post by JFPowers »

Just a note to thank the island for over twenty years of business in the hardware. I am hoping in the near future to retire from the hardware business and am open to all of those who may be interested in taking over the business. The business can be purchased separately from the property and a lease can be procured to use the space. Hopefully someone will come forward in the next 6 months or so to begin this process. Another possibility would be that this size store be liquidated and a smaller version of the hardware open at another location. Please contact me if you are seriously interested.

Sincerely,

Jeff Powers
Powers Do It Best
skasbaum

Re: Powers Hardware Retirement/Sale

Post by skasbaum »

Jeff, when I saw your posting I first selfishly felt a pang of sadness. However, knowing how many irons you always seem to have in the fire and how ceaselessly you work I realize how inevitable this is. Ken and I would like to thank you so much for all you've done for our pets over the years, for having such an important lifeline business on the island as we worked at bringing the Stone House back to life, and for being there in a pinch.
We greatly appreciate you and thank you for all you do and all you've done.
S&K
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

Thanks Scott. If the hardware business changes hands I still hope to provide veterinary services until a more viable option for the Beaver Island Community emerges. This year marks the 31st year of providing veterinary service to the island, thanks for all of those experiences as well.
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Hey Doc, I can't begin to express how much of an impact you have made on Beaver Island in those 30 plus years. Taking a risk on expanding the hardware and starting the lumber yard has been a godsend to the island in more ways than can be expressed. You and your fabulous crew have done an outstanding job in serving Beaver Island folks over the years. My hat is off, my rum is raised to you and your crew for all you have done. Dinghy and Tug will rest reassured knowing your vet services will continue for now. Wishing you all the best in whatever the future holds. =D> =D> =D>
Skull&CrossBones
PScott

Post by PScott »

Jeff, you’ve been such a valuable person contributing to this community in so many ways. I especially can’t thank you enough for your veterinarian services. Your kindness, patience and acumen will be sorely missed. Heck, you even drove all the way to the south end to help our ailing dogs. A hour long round trip drive to make a house call!!! Simply amazing and so incredibly appreciated more than you’ll ever be able to comprehend. It meant so much.
Trish Scott
davedudek

Post by davedudek »

Wow Jeff,

Having purchased a couple houses and building one from scratch, all with many trips to your store, I have to say thanks for being there with a big town store on an island.
Not sure if my next property will be a build or purchase but I hope someone sees the great opportunity to purchase a viable, existing business.

Dave Dudek
JFPowers

Re: Powers Hardware /Sale/ Grill Clearance!!!!

Post by JFPowers »

We are clearing out our gas grills. For several years despite having very competitive pricing we have lost much of our grill business to online sales.

So we are clearing out all of our remaining gas grills, discounting them until they are gone. Stop in and look at our discounted grill prices we have a full line of Weber Grills in Stock!!!
JFPowers

Re: Powers Hardware Sale Listing

Post by JFPowers »

The hardware store listing is now up on Beaver Island Realty. This gives interested parties a look into the three finished apartments upstairs.

http://www.beaverislandrealty.com/property/hardware/

In addition the store is listed on Do It Best Hardwares stores for sale as well as Bizbuysell.com https://www.bizbuysell.com/Business-Opp ... MzQnBaRDAw

Again I am still looking for interested parties to take on this venture!
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

The listing is now up on BizBuySell.com. Please pass along to interested parties, the store can be purchased as part of the real estate or as a business that can be leased in the space.

https://www.bizbuysell.com/Business-Opp ... MzQnBaRDAw
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

Price reduced by 100,000.00. All interested parties welcome!!!
JFPowers

Re: Powers Hardware Sale

Post by JFPowers »