Searching for Year Around Rentals

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

carolburton

Searching for Year Around Rentals

Post by carolburton »

Do you have a studio apartment? An apartment above your garage? A guest house you don't have guests in? A cabin or house you need rented. Let me know. Lots of people looking for one bedroom, two bedroom, or studio year around rentals. I have 2 immediate needs.

Carol 231-838-2883
burton
JFPowers

Re: Searching for Year Around Rentals

Post by JFPowers »

Mackinac Island is building year round housing for workers, this is something that Beaver may have to consider.....Because of the high tax rates here it is hard for many homeowners to commit to year round housing when they can earn a higher rate in the summer to offset the high costs of owning property here.

Difficult long term problem and a hard one to solve
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Doc, You are right on as usual about affordable housing for service workers on Beaver Island. Look in almost every business establishment on the island and there are "Help Wanted" signs posted. Many can not provide full services because of a lack of help; Daddy Franks not open for breakfast, Stoney not able to serve food, the Store needing help to stock. Even a one eyed rum running pirate can deduce the fact that if you are a resort vacation destination and you can't provide the basic services, soon there will be no resorters or vacationers. Cabrini Gray across from the marina is not going to do it, (inside joke for those from Chicago who know the Cabrini Green project there). The lack of available services and those to work in the service industry has the potential to kill Beaver Island tourism and its reputation among boaters, vacationers and renters as well as potential home and land buyers. There are too many other vacation destinations closer and cheaper to get to. The offer of unspoiled paradise with sun and sand is not going to give us a corner on the market if we can't provide services people need and expect when they get here. Let this be a wake up call that is answered.
](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Skull&CrossBones
carolburton

Post by carolburton »

Okay so with all that other stuff aside please continue to contact me with your creative housing and offers. I appreciate all that have called or sent a message and if you are looking I know of a couple of possibilities. This can be solved by just working together.
burton
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Carol, Certainly didn't mean to distract from your real and immediate need but don't want what appears to be growing into a long term problem lost. We can't work together to rearrange the deck furniture while the Titanic is going down hoping that will solve the problem. Hope your need is filled but that the long term need goes away with some creative thinking and action.
8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Skull&CrossBones
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

Pirate I think we were told not to look beyond the bow of our ships as we sail ahead! [-X
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Doc, We may be sailing ahead but me thinks we be sailing into the fog of complacency with a devil-may-care course leading us directly into the tentacles of the Kraken. What then be our action, explanation or excuse for what happens? Me thinks me smell the Kraken be near.
:shock: :? :roll:
Skull&CrossBones