St. Pats

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

jmcbain2

piper

Post by jmcbain2 »

That and I look dang sexy in a kilt.
piper

Post by piper »

... and I always thought it was the hair shirt that did it....
jmcbain2

piper

Post by jmcbain2 »

It gives me that man-beast appeal.
piper

Post by piper »

So, Jeremy: the 20 hooligans you're bringing - are they Celtic heavy athletes too? Will there be more kilts in the crowd than usual?
jmcbain2

Kilted thugs

Post by jmcbain2 »

Actually the number has dropped to 13. Of those seven are athletes, others are their girlfriends and groupies. Yes, groupies. I know, I know ... groupies are usual for pipers ... but us heavy event athletes get them all the time.
piper

Post by piper »

Jeremy: don't miss it: your old bandmates are going to a local (Traverse City) pub tonight for the Guinness Toast: all over the world, at 11 PM EST, pints of Guinness are hoisted in honor of "St. Practice Day" - preparing for the real holiday a month hence. Find a local pub and join the moment!
jmcbain2

toast

Post by jmcbain2 »

I never knew about it until Saturday! I will have to make up for it on St. Pats.
mikeo'malley

Post by mikeo'malley »

you guys seem to know quite a bit about the island...what places are not to be missed on St. Pats? thinking about bringing some friends up from Chicago for the weekend. any recommendations on places to stay? i see on the chamber website that their are 2 airlines serving Beaver. Fresh Air has posted a special, does anyone know if Island Airways is running any kind of a deal? where will the pipers be "piping" over the weekend?
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Mike, You can reach Island Airways at 231-547-2141 or http://www.islandairways.com/ , I do see that they are running a special, not sure what it is. The events will be held at the Shamrock on the bay and at Donegal Danny's just outside of the village. Jack Fellows is scheduled at Donegal Danny's Saturday and Sunday and I am sure there be appearances made during the games at the Shamrock on Saturday afternoon. Fortunately, if you get here, you will not likely "miss" anything as long as you are not sleeping! :lol: We look forward to seeing you on the Beavers for the Great Day!!
IslandAirways1

Post by IslandAirways1 »

Island Airways is running a special for events surrounding the Great Day!!
Beginning March 10 you can purchase Adult tickets to Beaver Island for $37 each way. That's $74 Round Trip!! $10 off the regular fare. You can also purchase a booklet of 10, with an 11th ticket free for $370. These tickets can be used at any time and do not expire.
We are also offering:
$25 one way child tickets or a booklet of 10 for $250
$17 one way large dog tickets or a booklet for $170
$7 small dog tickets or a booklet for $70

Give us a call to schedule your reservations for St. Patty's Day!
1-800-524-6895
231-547-2141
231-448-2071