Free airline tickets have been made available

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

ian

Re: Free airline tickets have been made available

Post by ian »

Ken,
I appreciate the offer.
Ian
BradG

Post by BradG »

It's very generous of you. You clearly have the interests of the island at heart. Thank you.

Brad
carolburton

Post by carolburton »

Ken,

Once again in a long list of thank you's THANK YOU! I will have to use these tickets and appreciate your generosity in offering them to Beaver Island.

Carol
burton
Bump

Post by Bump »

=D>
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

BIRHC Phone 448-2275 :!: :!: :!:
Skull&CrossBones
Bump

Post by Bump »

:arrow:
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

To read the minutes in its entirety see link below. Telling half a story can certainly be misleading.

https://www.biruralhealth.org/beaver-is ... d-minutes/

Perhaps before throwing Stones you should ask what housing is for.
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

ktaylor wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:40 pm Kathe: Just a word of caution. You need to think through your posts and see if you are harming others. I pulled my $15,000 challenge. I was trying to get some new dental equipment, not all, before the snow flies. Because of the incessant posts that you, Andy and John/Tracey made I felt why should I do this when the aforementioned people seem to be against it. I had either emails from individuals or friends that were pledging another $5,000. To put it bluntly you cost the HC and the people of BI $20,000 worth of dental equipment. Now if you think you saved me $15,000 you are mistaken. There are people from the area that thank you profusely as recipients of the money you and the others apparently did not want.

Ken

Ken

I am not sure what you are referring to...as far as my actions go. You have the ability to contribute however you choose. I have repeatedly praised you for your generousity in the past and simply stated that your constant post blasting board members and volunteers needs to stop. On some level I believe you see that, as you are notorious for altering your post. You are now just making up stories to fit your agenda. Own up to your own actions and leave me out of them.
Re: We ALL NEED DENTAL service
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:04 am

Islandliving: I have to defend the Pirate, for he at least offered $500 to my failed cause of raising money for dental equipment. Too many like Steve refused to meet my challenge and just ridiculed it. Now I have to resort to providing tickets for dental help, which is only a stop gap measure.

Ken
On the other thread you state it was a failed offer and chastised others which you felt did not contribute. Now you state you pulled your offer. I am confused.

I invite you to read my past post. I have not commented on this thread or the other dental one until I asked the housing question...so again here you go again spreading rumors.

My question and comment is a fair one. I simply asked if you knew what the housing was purchased for. That seems like a very reasonable question. You seem very upset by the purchase and before others jump to conclusions perhaps there needs to be clarification.

I also think in fairness of transparency when minutes from board meetings are copied and pasted on the forum it is important that the ENTIRE information is posted and not altered in any way. That seems only fair.

My post above was legit...what is the purpose of the housing? I am not looking for drama or an argument, just clarification.

Kathe
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

Communication from the Health Center to the community was identified as in need of improvement with regard to their Strategic Plan. Dental care and replacing our nurse practitioners are particular issues. Let's get some answers by attending the Sept. 22nd, Saturday meeting at the BIRHC at 10 a.m. See you there!
McGrass
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Mr. Taylor, Sorry to hear your generous offer to assist the people of Beaver Island in obtaining island dental care before the snow flies is a no-go. The island will suffer because of a few vindictive, trite individuals who prefer attacking you on the forum as opposed to joining in to improve health care on the island. I am considering redirecting my withdrawn $500 pledge to fund psychological counselling for one individual who is obsessed with always having to have the last word regardless of the topic. Wait for it, the last word will be coming soon. #-o #-o #-o
Skull&CrossBones
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

PTL [-o< [-o< [-o< , KM appears to have been cured of last-word-itis at least for now. I'll redirect my $500 for counseling costs to things that will benefit all BI and not just relief for the forum readers. 8) :wink: 8)
Skull&CrossBones
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Mark is a good man and deserves a vote of gratitude for getting the board to get off the dime and purchase the needed equipment. I understand there is one board member who has been a dental obstructionist from the beginning. Has he managed to delay this decision so long that the equipment won't be on the boat before the final trip? In other words, will the equipment be here in time to set up a dental office this winter or do we have to wait another year thanks to his opposition to having a dental clinic at BIRHC? Maybe it's time to think about removing him from the board in the community's best interest. :( :? :(
Skull&CrossBones
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

From what I understand, the dental suite should be equipped and a dentist ready to practice maybe in October or November but before the last boat. Congratulation to Mark Carrington for his diligence in making this happen and the HC Board for approving the funding. Also appreciation to Ken Taylor for his generous offer to assure dental service being available before next year.
Kirk D. McBride