Joy Green

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

mblyons

Joy Green

Post by mblyons »

To the Green Family:
Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. "Joy" was the perfect name for this wonderful woman who was so devoted to her family and the Island. I will miss seeing her warm smile. She was so kind to us (the Hannon family) in the loss our brothers... we will never forget her.
Fondly,
Mary Beth & Mike Lyons
jojo

Joy Green

Post by jojo »

Dear Russ & Family,

At first my whole family felt so heavy and deep sorrow for your loss... and then as we started to share our memories of Joy and Beaver Island,
we all realized how blessed we were to have known Joy. She had that gentle, sweet way about her that always made you feel like you were special and loved. Like many others, I was lucky enough to have Joy be a part of my birth in 1962. As an adult, I still love to hear my dad's stories of Joy & Russ, and the rest of the Beaver gang during those early years.
I am sure no one on Beaver Island will forget how beautiful the summer and fall of 2007 were, and they will think of Joy. Our whole family sends our deepest thoughts & love to everyone on Beaver Island, and we feel lucky that our mom "Judy" is always near you. Love, Jody Rudolph Adgate
sandy lodico

Joy Green

Post by sandy lodico »

Russ, Mike, Mary T.,Bernadette, Beth Ann,Rosie,Amy, Kevin and Kathleen. My heart was broken that I couldn't be here for the funeral. I know Joy would be the first to say that Loretta and I were where we had to be but it still was very difficult.From everything that I have been told it was an absolutely beautiful celebration of her life as it should be.She was a very special person to so many and such a great mom and grandmother and a wonderful friend to so many. She is an inspiration to me. My heart goes out to each of you and all the grandkids. You are fortunate to have such happy and great memories to last you all a lifetime. With Love, Sandy