A New and Easy Way To Email Photos

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Marie S Powers

A New and Easy Way To Email Photos

Post by Marie S Powers »

Since so many Beaver Island Forum bloggers have friends and family living all across the nation and the world-I'm posting to let you know about a new FREE website that Jeffrey R. Powers, son of Dr. Jeff (Beaver Island veterinarian and hardware guy) and Marie Powers created last week to ease the process of resizing photos to send via the internet.

After having a discussion with him regarding photo sending, he decided to spend a week and design a web-based program to make it easier for folks to send digital photos. He is looking for people to use his program and he is looking for feedback. The tool is called Fluxify. I was able to use it myself and it really does make it easy...and considering my technological abilities that says a lot.

Jeffrey finished his MS in Engineering from the University of Michigan last December and is now living in California trying to start a technology company. He and his company (of 2) is secretive about their final product, but Fluxify is the first hint.

Here is his description of the tool:

Fluxify is a free web-based tool that makes it easy to send photos
online. Fluxify is ideal if you want to send a handful of photos to
friends without clogging their inboxes. It resizes your photos before you upload, which can save you a lot of time with most internet connections. It's simple to get started, and there's no account to create, just a simple upload screen and pure old-fashioned email.

A link to the tool can be found at his blog: http://fluxcapacity.net which explains more or you can go directly to send photos
at http://fluxtools.net . Jeffrey would really appreciate those who send photos via internet or who have always wanted to but couldnâ??t to test the program...he would love feedback...positive or negative. You can post comments on his fluxcapacity blog (his blog is pretty technical, but the post on Fluxify is in layman´s terms-thank God!!) You can also e-mail him at jrpowers@umich.edu

If you know others who email photos, please pass this link along. Thanks!
megsing3

cool

Post by megsing3 »

Great, thanks!
Marie S Powers

Fluxify- the easy way to email photographs

Post by Marie S Powers »

Hi Megan,
If you get a chance to try out the program...let Jeffrey know on his fluxcapacity blog...he would love to hear your opinion!!! Thanks for the response to my post- I just spoke with Jeffrey-he says thanks as well!
Marie S Powers

Post by Marie S Powers »

Thanks to all of you who checked out Fluxcapacity.net and the Fluxify tool. Jeffrey has been working to refine the product. He has posted this update:

"I have been spending most of my spare time (and some of my non-spare time) adding progressive JPEG support to Fluxify. I just applied the update to our server, and while there is nothing visibly noticeable, Fluxify should â??just workâ?￾ with progressive mode JPEGs. It also turns out that there was a bug that prevented us from sending grayscale JPEGs, which is fixed now, too."

So, if you have a chance to give Fluxify a try again, please do!!!

And, thanks for your help with this project.
Marie S Powers

Fluxify Has A New Face

Post by Marie S Powers »

Jeffrey has indicated that Fluxify has been upgraded again and has a new face. Try out the new version to easily email your photos to family and friends.
nancy

easy way to send photos

Post by nancy »

Well, I tried it last night and it didn't work! Never saw the photos that I sent to a friend and myself! I thought maybe it was just taking a long time so waited overnight but no email copy to me yet.

Nancy
Marie S Powers

Post by Marie S Powers »

Thanks for the feedback. I used Fluxify this morning and it worked for me. I received the photos I sent to myself within 30 seconds. We will try to send a photo to you using Fluxify for a test. The program requires that you download Silverlight so make sure you do that. Also check your junk mail...I originally had problems when using my Hotmail account... MSN reconized the email as junk so Jeffrey was working with Microsoft to correct that problem. It worked fine with my Gmail account. I will forward your information to Jeffrey to help rectify the problem. Thanks again for beta testing the program. Once it is up and running I am sure you will like it.
nancy

fluxify

Post by nancy »

My friend got the pictures about a day later. I just sent a test to myself and got it within seconds but it went to my bulk folder. The pix look good and that was fast!

Nancy
megsing3

photos

Post by megsing3 »

I have used the fluxify site to upload and send photos a number of times since learning about it. It is still on my list of things to do to visit the blog and show my support there. At first it took me a while to figure out how the whole process works, but since then I have been able to quickly and easily send photos fast.
Marie S Powers

Post by Marie S Powers »

Thanks so much for beta testing Fluxify. I am glad that it is working for you. If you have a moment, please let Jeffrey know what difficulties you had figuring it out...any comment will be appreciated and be very helpful in the process of making it user-friendly to everyone. Just go to www.fluxcapacity.net and note your observances on the blog. And, if you know others that email photos, let them know about Fluxify. Thank you so much for your effort !!!