Peaine Township Vision for the Future

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

James Bakker

Re: Peaine Township Vision for the Future

Post by James Bakker »

Carol, Beaver Island gardens, Bill and Kateg have every right to respond with anger. My posts are as dumb and those against consolidation. Just trying to show the stupidity of NOT consolidating. And John, what ever you think Beaver Island Gardens is smoking, you should try some. It might improve your outlook. :D
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

You are right James Bakker, the only way I would ever think consolidation was a good idea would be to be delusional. I only stated what an attorney from the outside stated and Beaver Island Gardens attacked me as she did you. To say I am no longer a builder? To say I no longer live here? To say I am trusting an un-retained attorney? You can all read the rest. A very nasty post and it sounds like you support it? After being threatened of castration?
James Bakker

Post by James Bakker »

You are too literal John. Heidi is a nice person along with Carol and Kateg. They are also smart as they don't believe the crap you and your relatives are spreading on Beaver. What is about the McCafferties and the Martins as they want to go back to the stone age dragging everyone with them? Vote for Consolidation and a bright future for Beaver island.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

No crap Mr. Bakker, just reasons why consolidation is a bad idea. No bible quotes to try to shut up the women. Everyone is entitled to an opinion on the issue.
James Bakker

Post by James Bakker »

Yes islandliving, everyone is entitled to an opinion. It is too bad that your opinion does not jibe with the facts. Beaver Island needs a shot in the arm, not more 20 minute township meetings that don't amount to a hill of beans. Compare our township with what exciting things are happening in St. James.
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Exciting things - they pay a lot more taxes for what? This woman that is suppose to be submissive isn't afraid to speak out to Richie and his fake friends. If I wanted to live in St. James township that is where I would live and when my kids bought property here a couple of years ago they specifically said they didn't want property in St. James because they wanted more remote. If St. James is the life style you want than that is where you should be living.

I am not sure what a length of a meeting has anything to do with anything, you can have a long meeting and accomplish nothing and a short efficient meeting and accomplish a lot. St. James last meeting they had to reset there monthly meeting times again, they have had to do this twice within the last three meetings because they have one board member that wants a different time although she is retired and wants it set so two of the other board members that are working can not make it to the meetings at 10am on a Wed. Doesn't this sound like efficient meetings when they are having to redo things also it doesn't sound like a board that is working together very well or they would be making sure that all of them are able to get to as many meetings as possible.

Pam went to that meeting but she neglected to mention any of this, seems that some of these people for consolidation have a very hard time with transparency.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
Wkohls

Post by Wkohls »

Vision for Peaine Township – A total township tax levy of 10 mills or less without reducing services. A levy of 10 mills represents a 14.6% decrease from the current levy of 11.71 mills and an 21.6% decrease from the levy of 12.25 mills that would likely be imposed by a consolidated township.

Be sure to ask proponents of consolidation how they would achieve a 10-mill levy – without slashing funding for services.

Among the many other reasons to VOTE NO . . .

Proponents of consolidation have not made a case for consolidation – Good decisions are rarely made without good information and the proponents of consolidation have not provided any credible information to support their vague claims that consolidation will somehow be good for the Island.

Cost savings will be nil – Consolidation will not automatically result in cost savings. Cost savings will only result from the careful implementation of a comprehensive and, well . . . there is no plan!

The financial benefits of consolidation – if any – will not be shared equitably and Peaine voters must ask themselves if they wish to impose a tax increase on themselves in order to fund a tax decrease for St. James taxpayers. Township property taxes will likely increase by nearly 9% from 11.71 mills to 12.25 mills and could increase by more than 21%.

Consolidation should pay for itself and we should not accept reductions in services to pay for consolidation – It seems obvious that consolidation should provide a combination of lower taxes and more services. Nonetheless, the proponents would slash funding for emergency medical services by 43% to help pay for consolidation.

Vote NO on Township Consolidation
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

"I hope when the consolidation passes that the new township meetings last more than 20 minutes." Seems there will be a lot of disappointed people if they don’t?
Last edited by islandliving on Mon May 07, 2018 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kathleen Dvoracek

Post by Kathleen Dvoracek »

“...when the consilidation passes...”
Sounds like you have changed your vote!
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

It was a quote from a previous post Kathleen...I will be voting NO, bright and early tomorrow morning!!

Vote No On Consolidation!!