The "IT" Factor

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Darby Campbell

The "IT" Factor

Post by Darby Campbell »

I wasn't going to post this after being told I have no right or business expressing my opinions involving Beaver Island but thought this might be a timely positive inspiration for the future of Beaver Island. I met a realtor on Washington Island, WI recently who has been to Beaver Island and is quite knowledgeable about the island. I told him some of my concerns relative to Beaver Island and he totally understood where we were coming from in changing our retirement decision. What he told me I believe needs to be shared. He sees Beaver Island as the best kept secret tourist destination in the Great Lakes region, full of untapped potential. He called it "a gem in the glimmering waters of Lake Michigan", it has the "IT" factor. He likened it to Washington Island 25 years ago which is now a thriving tourist, residence and retirement location.
I share this with you knowing there will again be those Nelly Negatives who claim I have no right to comment on Beaver Island or its future. My hope is when the fog of the current dissension clears, people of Beaver Island will come together, identify problems and work together to solve them. My hope is that others will come to see Beaver Island as positively as a realtor from another island sees it.
DC