If I were a stranger

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Lois Sowa Stipp

If I were a stranger

Post by Lois Sowa Stipp »

If I were a stranger all of these topics and arguments would worry me. But, I am not. I know you all. Some of you are family, some of you are friends. I have known most of you my whole life. If I were a stranger, I would wonder who you all are, why you are so angry and how you can all live on one small island without killing each other. The fact that I am not a stranger, I can see the other side. I know you all to be kind, good, generous and gentle people. Each of you would fight for the other, each of you would feed, care and comfort each other. I know it is hard. I know the challenges, but, I also know that for generations we have supported each other and been there from birth to death. Every kindness you have done for each other is not echoed in these posts. It is lost to the stranger who does not know what a great, strong supportive community we are. We are not showing our goodness and strength. I know you all. Each of you has been at my side at one time or another and proven how strong and mighty we are when we all come together. I know this will all work out, but, we must remember we are friends. We are family.
Lois Sowa Stipp
Ron Wojan

Re: If I were a stranger

Post by Ron Wojan »

Thank you for that Lois. So true. I fought with my brothers when we were growing up but would immediately come to their defense if I thought they were even slightly threatened. Loved them then, love them now. Sisters too.
Ronald L. Wojan
Jimmy McCafferty

Post by Jimmy McCafferty »

We are all family Lois, that is why I am here. In April with 12 inches of snow
Lois Sowa Stipp

Post by Lois Sowa Stipp »

Exactly my point, Jimmy. Stay warm and healthy
Lois Sowa Stipp
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Lois,

Very nice and very true. It is sad that it comes across angry but it really does, I think most like myself are not angry but passionate. Obviously with Richie this is something that he cares deeply about, as do I but for different reasons and we both think our reasons are what is best for BI. When the entire thing is done May 8th we will all move forward together with whatever the vote decides and try to do the greatest good for the island, there is be no animosity here.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn