Welcome Back!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Welcome Back!

Post by Gillespie »

OK, for obvious reasons this forum was shut down for a day or so. We are going to make a few changes starting with decorum. There will be no more constant hammering from people posting on this forum. No more repetitive posting if you have already made your point or asked your question(s). If someone chooses to answer that's fine, if they don't that's fine too! This site is PRIVATELY held and always has been. If your post has been found offensive or redundant it WILL be removed. I've left countless things go by to prove I am not the "CBS censor" but things have to change. If it's gone, don't blame me, blame yourself. REMEMBER, IF YOU'VE POSTED SOMETHING DON'T COME BACK WITH THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN. More later, enjoy!
BMcCaw

Re: Welcome Back!

Post by BMcCaw »

The update looks great.
Brendan McCaw
BradG

Post by BradG »

Thanks Richie! Things had gotten very nasty and unproductive. All that energy generated a lot of heat, but no light.
John Fiegen

Post by John Fiegen »

Thank you Ritchie
steveandelaineonbeaver

Post by steveandelaineonbeaver »

Well done Richie!

For some time now because of the nature of a small number of users the B I Forum has been a negative representation of the Island we all love. It sounds like change is here. Moderation is what has been missing. Now there is good reason to believe that balanced moderation will happen. I’m optimistic and hopeful that also means REAL NAMES.

Thank you Richie! =D>

My name is Stephen Craig West and I approved and wrote this message. :D
Steve and Elaine West
20 Southern Oak Dr
Camden SC 29020
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Richie, One of the best things you could have done going dark for a few hours. No forum while working on the site drove many of us forum junkies crazy with the black out. Great job with the new format. Now have to go through the learning curve to figure out how the navigate the site. Pirates tend to be computer challenged.
Fine job and keep up the good work. =D> =D> =D>
Skull&CrossBones
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

Rich -

Well Done!
Kirk D. McBride
lach

Post by lach »

Well, this is going to be boring
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Steve apparently it doesn't mean real names for everyone, so goes the NEW forum.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
thenomads2

Post by thenomads2 »

I really like the new format! However, I still have a problem determining WHEN a message has been posted. I see no dates! If there are there, please help me!

Kathy Brouard, one of "thenomads" at Nomad Corner.
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Kathy,

I think what your looking for is like this one says "welcome back" by Gillespie and then it has a date of March 29th, that is the date it was posted, the date next to the title of the tread.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Many have stated their reluctance to post regarding the consolidation topic because of the "harassment" or needling. The subject of this post stands and if people are unwilling to post in their name send your comments to me in a private message and they will be posted in quotation marks.