Beware With Your Dogs

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Stewart Ball

Beware With Your Dogs

Post by Stewart Ball »

I just sent out my annual e-mail distribution to my friends and colleagues as a reminder to take caution with your dogs if you might let them run free. I thought I might include my caution to Beaver Island. The next 4 -6 weeks is mating season for coyotes. Males will be aggressive with any canine not in the pack. They will run your dog into a waiting pack which will most likely kill it. Even large dogs are at danger.
Also wise to keep your cats in for this time especially at night.
As I get older, my thoughts fondly turn to Beaver Island.
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Thank you this is so good to point out!
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
capncinde

Coyote sightings

Post by capncinde »

Yes, indeed!

Spotted a coyote 3 weeks ago crossing the ice in the harbor, over to the stone house by the lighthouse and back over to Carlisle Road area.

Two days ago, at Gull Harbor carwash road, moving North up to the other end of Carwash Rd..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 516&type=3
Stewart Ball

Post by Stewart Ball »

What a beautiful picture of wilderness and wildness at its best. Missing Beaver Island.
Stewart Ball

Post by Stewart Ball »

In looking at my map of Beaver Island, I can not determine where Tara's Meadow is located?