Township Consolidation Road Show

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BI Pirate

Township Consolidation Road Show

Post by BI Pirate »

Be watching for the Township Consolidation Road Show coming to a venue near you brought to you by John, Nancy, Kathe and Andy. Book deal in the works, film rights to follow. The sequel to, Cabin Fever Is A Myth. :roll: :D :shock: 8) :P :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
treehugger

Post by treehugger »

Thanks for the humor Pirate. Hope you are voting yes.
anonymous
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

It's just as well that I can't vote. I'm a man without a township. St. James stripped me of a township on my beloved Whiskey Island when they traded my island for a DNR building and public fishing pier to be built between Buddy's barges.
How are the fish biting off that nice public pier? :roll: :D :shock: :? :P :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Very brave of you to hide behind a fake name. Just another attempt to cloud the issues. How interesting the others who speak on this topic that want consolidation are not mentioned and picked at. Asking for facts is not asking too much.

The ironic thing is that most know who the pirate is..and most have a good idea who treehugger is. You are both cowards.

If I had a vote I would vote no just based on your meddling and your "good old boys" wagon circling. You clearly have nothing better to do than harass others. Get a life pirate and tree hugger. Leave the important issues to the grown ups.

How disgusting that you find humor in something so important as the future of the island. What disrespect for the people that live here.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Great post Kathe, we all do know the cowards and the sad thing is that they are for the consolidation which is fine. But are to chicken to publicly support it under there real identity. Hard to understand but a coward is a coward.

John McCafferty
treehugger

Post by treehugger »

Kathe: Why don't you just leave the decision to those that have been exposed to two townships for the past millennia and not just recently. Your opinion is fine, but I have heard it enough. And for Christ's sake quit calling people cowards. Maybe I am your next door neighbor and don't want to fight with you over my decision. Same goes for the Pirate. A little humor can go a long way in this topic.
anonymous
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

So unless you have lived on island 1000 years you have no voice? The reason people don't post here is because they are afraid of the verbal attacks. Your attempts at silencing anyone with an opinion outside of yours is pathetic at best.

I am a tax payer and have skin in the game. I have a right to ask questions and try to understand what impact this will have on my taxes. Several people are simply asking for facts and you and your group are trying to cloud the issues and silence people.

You and The pirate started this round of bullshit...not me. If you would conduct yourself in a proper manner then being a neighbor would not matter, as there is nothing wrong with a debate and healthy discussion. The issue you and your coward friends hide behind your pathetic names and the forum. Your attempts at humor to be rude and dismiss anyone with a voice are obvious . Neighbor or not...1000 years in the making you my dear are a coward...and a bully. (Just in case you forgot)

Look me eye to eye or shut the hell up.
BI Pirate

!

Post by BI Pirate »

Kathe, I love you but you are letting your bias misguide you! Please do not mistake my sarcastic humor on the consolidation issue or any other issue as my taking sides. I only offer a little levity to help people realize life doesn't have to be that damn serious for people to have make ugly statements about others. Ugly is as ugly does, lighten up a bit, life is lived better with a little humor over hate.
I don't think I've expressed an opinion either way on the consolidation but if I have, take it with a grain of salt. Like the true bully and coward you would have me be, I can change my opinion of an issue on a dime, including my current one about you.
Winters are warmer when you wear a scarf and a smile. I'm putting on my wellies in anticipation of your dumping on me, as usual. :D :D :D
Skull&CrossBones
treehugger

Post by treehugger »

Kathe: A taxpayer you are, a voter your are not.
anonymous
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Thanks for the love ...but no thanks. Unlike you I don't have the luxury of changing my opinion because I don't know who you are...or do I?

You started this road show my dear...and chose to single out only the few asking questions. No dumping here...save your Wellies for your own BS, you need them.
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Thanks Captain obvious!! O wait tree hugger. I have never pretended to be a voter...I am a tax payor, are you? Your fake friends that hide behind stupid names? You don't attempt to silence them. The future of this island impacts me, my family and our home. You would think in your 1000 yr walk on BI you would be a tad smarter.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
carolburton

Post by carolburton »

I would like to point out that no one on this feed has talked about anything even remotely related to information on a topic. It's just a feed of personal opinion (bashing) that gets people fighting and makes outsiders looking for information run. BI Pirate I don't know who you are but ever once in awhile when these conversations lead to nothingness I have to admit you crack me up :-)
burton
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

The opening post was directed to make fun of 4 people directly with me being one. It is a natural instinct to defend yourself. Maybe everyone should review the rules of the forum and see if the pirate is following the rules. Not that it would change anything.

John McCafferty
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Carol

Glad to see you see humor in BI pirates antics. Attempts at poking fun to silence people is not funny. So let's get back on topic...when and where are the facts?

Kathe
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Carol- I am surprised that you just scolded people for defending themselves and encourage the "pirate", I truly don't understand that.
There was no reason for the pirate to even start this thread other than to cause trouble and apparently for some of these people knocking others down makes them feel better. Glad to make you feel better because honestly I really don't care but if others want to defend themselves they have every right.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn