2/22 - ESA Meeting - Brad Grassmick - 2pm

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Richards

2/22 - ESA Meeting - Brad Grassmick - 2pm

Post by Richards »

Just a reminder. The monthly Emergency Services Authority meeting will be taking place tomorrow:

Date: Thursday, 11/30
Time: 2:00pm
Place: Peaine Twp. Hall

I would encourage anyone who is interested in the betterment of our island emergency services to attend.
The item of discussion to remove Brad Grassmick from the ESA Board will most likely be on the agenda.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to support your community.
Sheri Richards
Last edited by Richards on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

If health care and emergency services on Beaver Island are going to improve, it's going to take dedicated leadership by a medical professional in the person of Brad Grassmick. Now is the time to show that support.
Thank you the reminder Sheri.
Kirk
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

ESA meeting would not be discussing Brad that would be the township meeting if it were to be discussed. So It would not be on the agenda, but still always a good idea to go to meeting. :D
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

I agree, always a good idea to go to a meeting. If anyone has the agenda posted for the November 30th ESA meeting, please share as I cannot find it on my Peaine Township's website.

http://www.peainetwp.org/government_dep ... gendas.php

Thanks,
Pam
McGrass
medic5740

Agenda

Post by medic5740 »

Beaver Island Emergency Services Authority
Peaine Township Hall
36825 Kings Highway
Beaver Island, Michigan 49782
Telephone (231) 448-2389

Agenda

Thursday, November 30, 2017
2:00 p.m.
Peaine Township Hall

Regular Meeting
1. Call to Order
2. Review/revise agenda
3. Approve Minutes from October 26, 2017 Regular Meeting
4. Reports
a. Fire
b. EMS - Directors Report:
Billing
Runs
EMT Training

5. Review list prepared by Richard Spec re letter of commendation and appoint committee to draft proposed Letter of Commendation

6. Report on status of posting Articles, Bylaws and minutes on St. James and Peaine Townships web sits.

7. Public Comment

Notice: This is a draft agenda subject to modification after input by BIESA members.
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

Joe, thanks for the ESA agenda. I was hopeful that the public could find it on our publicly funded taxpayer township site. It was a significant township investment to switch over to this web provider years ago.
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

I agree that attending the meeting is important. Why was the meeting and agenda not properly posted on the Peaine Township website? Oversight, deliberate or leadership incompetence? Inquiring mind's of taxpayers might want to know if their tax dollars are being properly utilized for public good.
Kirk
Beaver Island Gardens

Post by Beaver Island Gardens »

â??Pay no attention to the man behind the curtainâ?￾. Not.
We are the Emerald Isle, not the Emerald City.
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Right on Heidi. The Emerald City only had one man behind the curtain bamboozling the people. The Emerald Isle has several. Time to call in the flying monkeys. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Skull&CrossBones
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Any highlights from the meeting?
Kirk
Pam Grassmick

ESA Meeting

Post by Pam Grassmick »

Probably the most interesting aspect was the work done by Kitty, Jim, and Cody from EMS, addressing the Fire Departments salaries to make it more attractive to attend trainings and increase participation in Fire Department services. In addition, the ESA board will be posting agendas, minutes, and such on both township websites. The Steinbach family was again very generous with a donation of $140,000 for fire equipment which will include a new Ford 350 with additional equipment for fighting wildfires. Cody reported that EMS has had 108 runs thus far this year with 44 air transports. Definitely a record number of runs for our EMS Department!

There were many who attended but all were respectful and everyone well-behaved. Thanks to all who took their precious time to attend the meeting.
McGrass
JPike

Post by JPike »

Wow! THANK YOU to the Steinbach family for such overwhelming generosity!
Jared Pike
Richards

ESA UPDATE

Post by Richards »

Just thought I would update everyone on the ESA status.

These are the board members of the BI Emergency Services Authority:
(Past/present jobs listed to the best of my knowledge.)

Bill Kohls â?? Peaine Supervisor/Insurance Agent
Kathleen McNamara â?? St. James Supervisor/Retired School Superintendent
Jim McDonough â?? Fireman/Grocer
Brad Grassmick â?? Medical Physician
David Howell â?? Retired Attorney/Sous Chef
Rick Speck â?? Zoning Administrator

Next month, Brad Grassmick's 3 year term is due to expire. As noted previously, we are fortunate to have Dr. Grassmick's expertise on this Emergency Service Board. The Peaine Township Board will be appointing a member to this position. I would encourage community members to voice their support of Mr. Grassmick's re-appointment to the ESA at the meeting tomorrow and also at the Peaine Township meeting on March 14th, 7:00PM.

Now is the time to speak your voice!
Last edited by Richards on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

Cancelled or scheduled, I won't be able to attend but will go public here with my full 100% endorsement of Doctor Brad Grassmick for reappointment to the ESA with a vote of thanks for all his dedicated work to date.
Kirk D. McBride
Richards

Post by Richards »

Kirk - Thanks for the info. I did confirm this meeting cancellation. No ESA meeting tomorrow.

However, the status of Dr. Grassmick's position on this board will be determined at the Peaine Township meeting on March 14th - 7:00pm.